The role of digital technology in the mass market has expanded enormously. Faced with a saturated and declining market for traditional telecom services, telcos are under extreme pressure to transform their business, strategies, and operations to survive. They must work out when and how to compete, whom to partner with, where to operate in the digital value chain, and how to identify and access emerging opportunities. This research program aims to give timely update and offers insights into Chinese telecommunication market, particularly operators in terms of their business performance, strategies, challenges, and innovation ways of leveraging the 3rd Platform.
China Opportunities Program (CHOP): Telecom Operator Initiatives
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Major government regulations and policies affecting telecom industry
- Telecom market development, including mobile/wireless, fixed line, operating data, capex, and KPI
- Chinese carriers' strategy and partnership updates
- Telecom operators' strategies or significant movements on new service offerings
- Progress on 5G R&D, trial, commercial offering, and partnership
- Other participants in telecom industry, such as MVNOs, cable TV operators, and tower company
- Chinese Telecom Operators Business and Initiatives Semi-Annual Update
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the major government regulations and policies recently released having impacts on Chinese telecom industry?
- How are the three telecom operators' performance?
- What strategies telcos launch and penetrate new service markets beyond traditional telecommunications?
- What are the key trends in fixed and mobile services?
- How do telcos transform and position themselves to compete in tomorrow's market?
- Which telcos have compelling digital transformation strategies?
- How telcos work, cooperate, and compete with other participants in the market?