The Internet of Things (IoT) market in China continues to see broad interest and growth momentum. Despite growth, the ecosystem is complex, with multiple layers and hundreds of players, including device vendors, communications service providers, IoT platform players, software vendors, and IT services providers. The service examines the rapidly evolving IoT ecosystem and industry and reviews the impact IoT has on various industry verticals, key use cases, and business models. The target audience is vendors across the IoT ecosystem, including device/module manufacturers, service providers, application developers, security vendors, analytics vendors, and systems integrators.
China Opportunities Program (CHOP): Internet of Things
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Government funds, standards, and initiatives
- IoT market size and forecast in China
- Vertical applications and use cases
- Ecosystem and business models
- Enterprise users' perceptions and adoption
- China Internet of Things Market Semiannual Update
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the size of and forecast for the Internet of Things market in China?
- Which verticals/use cases will see the greatest growth and impact from IoT solutions?
- What are the emerging trends in the IoT industry in China?
- What are the drivers and inhibitors of IoT in China?
- What are the emerging disruptive business models?
- How is the end-user perception and deployment of IoT in China?
ARM Limited, China Mobile Limited, China Telecom Corporation Limited, China Unicom Limited, Cisco Systems, Inc., Dell Inc., Ericsson, General Electric Company, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Honeywell International Inc., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Intel Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, QUALCOMM Inc., SAP SE, Siemens AG