IDC's Worldwide Blockchain, Crypto, NFT, and Web3 Strategies advisory service focuses on blockchain, distributed ledger technology, cryptocurrencies, non-fungible tokens, and Web3 and how these technologies will impact industries and markets around the world. The Continuous Intelligence Service (CIS) looks at the use cases that are being developed to harness Web3, blockchain, the protocols, and governance models that are behind the technology, as well as how the market will develop as the technology evolves. The research is aimed at enterprise customers as they build blockchain and distributed ledger products, services, and applications, and it will also help technology vendors as they develop new solutions, messaging, and sales strategies to capture this important new market.
Worldwide Blockchain, Crypto, NFT, and Web3 Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- The "blockchain stack" and how vendors in the space are addressing each layer of the stack with new products and services
- Emerging topics like Web3, AI, digital assets, and CBDC's.
- Tokenization, cryptocurrencies, digital money, and value transfer using blockchain and distributed ledgers
- Deploying blockchain for use cases such as supply chain, track and trace, and provenance
- Blockchain as a service (BaaS)
- Regulation and how the governments and regulators are shaping DLT and smart contract innovation
- IDC Market Glance: Web3 Providers
- IDC Market Perspective: Blockchain and Agriculture
- IDC TechBrief: Blockchain as a Service Solutions
- IDC Perspective: AI in Web3
- IDC Market Perspective: AI in Web3 Content
- IDC PlanScape: Blockchain and Distributed Ledgers in Trade Finance
- IDC Perspective: AI in NFT Generation and Web3
- IDC Perspective: AI in Blockchain and Cryptosecurity
- IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Blockchain Predictions 2024
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Blockchain Services 2023 Vendor Assessment
- IDC Perspective: Digital Assets Regulatory Update
- IDC IT Buyer Report: TechBrief — Web3 in 2023
- IDC Perspective: Decentralized Identity and Trust
- IDC Perspective: CBDC's and the Future of Money
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the latest industry use cases and emerging use cases for Web3, CBDC, blockchain, and DLT solutions?
- How are Web3, blockchain, distributed ledgers, and associated technologies different — and better — than existing technologies?
- How are protocols and governance models evolving and being adopted?
- What is the vendor landscape, and how are technology providers offering services that harness blockchain?
- What are the business models that are being built around blockchain implementations?
- What do senior technology leaders need to understand to evaluate and implement blockchain?
- AT&T Inc.
- Accenture plc
- Akamai Technologies, Inc.
- Amazon Web Services Inc.
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Deloitte LLP
- Ernst & Young Global Limited
- Hyperledger Foundation
- Infosys Limited
- Intel Corporation
- KPMG International
- MasterCard Incorporated
- Microsoft Corporation
- Oracle Corporation
- SAP SE
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited
- Verizon Communications, Inc.
- Visa Inc.