IDC's Enterprise Applications service examines the competitive landscape, key trends, in-depth analysis, and differentiating factors, including the application of the 3rd Platform and innovation accelerators of enterprise resource planning (ERP), enterprise resource management (ERM), financial accounting, tax, treasury and risk, accounts payable, accounts receivable, human capital management (HCM), payroll accounting, procurement, order management, professional service automation, and enterprise asset management. IDC also offers a separate service called IDC SaaSPath, meant to be utilized as a companion program alongside the Enterprise Applications CIS. It provides extensive global data on the mind and journey of SaaS buyers, including deep vendor rating and comparisons in 13 app categories (ERP, SCM, HCM, finance, tax, A/R, A/P, salesforce automation, procurement, T&E, treasury and risk, PSA, and EAM). For full details, contact Mickey North Rizza at email@example.com.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Enterprise resource planning and enterprise resource management
- Extended enterprise applications (EAs) targeting enterprises of all sizes and industries
- Procurement applications, including procurement, sourcing, contracts, supplier collaboration, and supplier relationship management
- Finance, treasury, and risk management; travel and expense management; tax management; accounts payable; and accounts receivable
- Enterprise asset management, order management, professional services automation, and best-of-breed applications in markets noted
- On-premises applications and systems
- SaaS and cloud-enabled applications and systems
- User selection of ERP, ERM, and applications; intelligent ERP (i-ERP); intelligent applications (i-apps); and intelligent systems
- 3rd Platform technology migrations across ERP, ERM, and enterprise applications
- DX, its impact on enterprise applications, and use cases for the CFO, CPO, and facilities manager
- Modernization, rationalization, and transformation requirements for applications and systems
- New enterprise applications and markets
- ERP, ERM, EA EAM, Procurement and Financial Application Vendor Shares, Forecasts, and Competitive Analysis
- i-ERP DecisionScapes
- DX World Technology Selection and Best Practices
- Intelligent ERP and Application Workflows and Designs
- Market Analysis Perspectives: ERP, ERM, EAM, EA, Financial, Procurement, and Order Management Applications
- ERP and Application Market Glances
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the growth potential of midsize and large enterprise markets for best-of-breed ERP, ERM, and EA vendors?
- How is intelligence and innovation changing enterprise applications?
- How are ERP, ERM, and EA vendors incorporating 3rd Platform technologies and innovation accelerators into their product portfolios, and how is that affecting their prospects in midsize and large enterprise applications markets?
- What are the emerging applications and product categories, and who are the vendors entering these markets?
Acumatica, Inc., Advent Software, Inc., Amazon.com Inc., Apptus Technologies AB, Aptean, Inc., Aria Systems Inc., Ascentis Corp., Avalara, Inc., Avangate B.V., Basware Corporation, Blackbaud, Inc., Blue Yonder Inc., Bonfire Interactive Ltd., Bottomline Technologies, Inc., Callidus Software Inc., Calypso Technology Inc., Certify Inc., Chrome River Technologies, Inc. , CloudCraze Software LLC, Compiere Inc., Constellation Software Inc., Coupa Software, Inc., Deltek, Inc., Demandware, Inc., Digital River, Inc., EXIGIS, LLC, Elastic Path Software Inc., Epicor Software Corporation, Everest Software Inc., Exact Holding B.V., Expandable Software, Inc., FinancialForce.com Inc., Fiserv, Inc., Flexera Software, Inc., FlexiInternational Software, Inc., GEP, GXS, Inc., IBM, IFS AB, ION Geophysical Corporation, IQNavigator Holdings LLC, Infor, Inc., Intershop Communications AG, Intuit Inc., JAGGAER Inc., Keelvar Systems Limited, KeyedIn Solutions Holdings Inc., Kirchman Corporation, Kronos Incorporated, Kyriba Corporation, LevaData, Inc., MICROS Systems, Inc., MaintenanceNet Inc., Manhattan Associates, Inc., MarketLive Inc., Medical Information Technology, Inc., Meta4 Group Ltd., Microsoft Corporation, Misys Group Ltd., Model N, Inc., Murex S.A.S., Open Solutions Inc., Oracle Corporation, Oracle Netsuite, PROACTIS Holdings Plc, PROS Inc., Plex GmbH, Polaris Networks Inc., Proformative Inc., QAD Inc., Ramco Systems Limited, Recurly Inc., Reval Holdings, Inc., Revionics, Inc., Revitas Inc., Revstream Inc., Rootstock Software, SAP Ariba, SAP SE, SYSPRO Impact Software Inc., Sage Group plc, Salesforce.com, Inc., Scout RFP, Inc., SourceDay LLC, Sovos Compliance, LLC, SunGard, TAKE Solutions Ltd., The Ultimate Software Group, Inc., Thomson Reuters Corp., Unit4 NV, Venda, Inc., Vendavo, Inc., Vertex Inc., Visma AS, Vistex, Inc., Volusion, Inc., Wolters Kluwer N.V., Workday, Inc., Xero Limited, eBay Inc., tealbook Inc., xTuple
Meet the Experts
Program Vice President - SaaS, Enterprise Apps, Industry Cloud, and Digital Commerce
Research Manager, Enterprise Applications
Research Manager, Enterprise Applications
Program Vice President, Enterprise Applications and Digital Commerce