IDC's Enterprise Applications service examines the competitive landscape, key trends, in-depth analysis, and differentiating factors, including the application of the 3rd Platform and innovation accelerators of enterprise resource planning (ERP), enterprise resource management (ERM), financial accounting, tax, treasury and risk, accounts payable, accounts receivable, human capital management (HCM), payroll accounting, procurement, order management, professional service automation, and enterprise asset management.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Enterprise resource planning and enterprise resource management
- Extended enterprise applications (EAs) targeting enterprises of all sizes and industries
- Best-of-breed applications in markets noted
- Procurement applications, including procurement, sourcing, contracts, supplier collaboration, and supplier relationship management
- Finance, treasury, and risk management; travel and expense management; tax management; accounts payable; and accounts receivable
- Enterprise asset management
- Order management
- On-premises applications and systems
- Professional services automation
- SaaS and cloud-enabled applications and systems
- User selection of ERP, ERM, and applications; intelligent ERP (i-ERP); intelligent applications (i-apps); and intelligent systems
- 3rd Platform technology migrations across ERP, ERM, and enterprise applications
- DX and the impact on enterprise applications
- DX use cases for the CFO, CPO, and facilities manager
- Modernization, rationalization, and transformation requirements for applications and systems
- ERP, ERM, and EA Vendor Shares and Forecasts
- ERP, ERM, and EA Vendor Competitive Analysis
- i-ERP DecisionScapes
- DX World Technology Selection and Best Practices
- Intelligent ERP and Application Workflows and Designs
- Market Analysis Perspectives: ERP, ERM, and Applications
- ERP and Application Market Glances
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the growth potential of midsize and large enterprise markets for best-of-breed ERP, ERM, and EA vendors?
- How are social business, cloud, mobile, and Big Data changing "back office" applications?
- How are ERP, ERM, and EA vendors incorporating 3rd Platform technologies and innovation accelerators into their product portfolios, and how is that affecting their prospects in midsize and large enterprise applications markets?
- What are the emerging product categories, and who are the vendors entering these markets?
- How are application marketplaces changing the way buyers acquire enterprise applications?
- How is intelligence changing enterprise applications?
ABB Ltd., Accruent LLC, Acumatica, Inc., Advent Software, Inc., Amazon.com Inc., Aptean, Inc., Aria Systems Inc., Ascentis Corp., Avalara, Inc., Avangate B.V., Basware Corporation, Blackbaud, Inc., Bottomline Technologies, Inc., BravoSolution S.p.A., CGI Group Inc., Callidus Software Inc., Calypso Uranium Corp., CloudCraze Software LLC, Compiere Inc., Concur Technologies, Inc., Constellation Software Inc., Coupa Software, Inc., Deltek, Inc., Demandware, Inc., Digital River, Inc., Elastic Path Software Inc., Epicor Software Corporation, Everest Software Inc., Exact Holding B.V., Expandable Software, Inc., FIS Inc., Fiserv, Inc., Flexera Software, Inc., Golden Meditech Holdings Limited, IBM, IFS AB, Infor, Inc., Inovis International Inc., Intacct Corporation, Intershop Communications AG, Intuit Inc., JAGGAER, JDA Software Group, Inc., Jack Henry & Associates, Inc., Jenzabar Inc., KAMAKURA CORPORATION, KENANDY, INC., KRONOS WORLDWIDE, INC., Kirchman Corporation, Kyriba Corporation, MEDITECH TECHNOLOGY LTD, MICROS Systems, Inc., MaintenanceNet Inc., Manhattan Associates, Inc., MarketLive Inc., Meta4 Group Ltd., Microsoft Corporation, Misys Group Ltd., Model N, Inc., Murex S.A.S., Openair Incorporated, Oracle Corporation, POLARIS INFRASTRUCTURE INC., PROS Holdings, Inc., Perfect Commerce S.A., Plex Systems, Inc., Proformative Inc., QAD Inc., Recurly Inc., Revionics, Inc., SAP SE, SYSPRO Impact Software Inc., Sage Group plc, Salesforce.com, Inc., ShopIgniter Inc., Shopatron Inc., SunGard Public Sector Holdings Limited, TEMENOS Group AG, The Ultimate Software Group, Inc., VERTEX ENERGY, INC., Vendavo, Inc., Visma AS, WALL STREET SYSTEMS HOLDINGS, INC., Wolters Kluwer N.V., Workday, Inc., Xero Limited, Zuora, Inc., cleverbridge AG, eBay Inc.
Meet the Experts
Program Vice President - SaaS, Enterprise Apps, Industry Cloud, and Digital Commerce
Senior Research Analyst, Enterprise Applications
Program Vice President, Enterprise Applications and Digital Commerce