IDC Energy Insights' Asia/Pacific Utilities Digital Transformation Strategies examines the business environment of the utilities industry in the Asia/Pacific region, excluding Japan. The Asia/Pacific utilities sector is facing fundamental disruption – from competition, from customers, and through changing foundational technology that forms the basis of energy generation, transmission, and distribution. Asia/Pacific utility organizations operating across different parts of the value chain and in different segments face varied challenges depending on their local operation environment and market structure, but across the industry, utilities are seeking to manage the risk the business is facing while minimizing costs and delivering to the expectations of their customers. The Asia/Pacific Utilities Digital Transformation Strategies research program provides utilities with advice to help them with actions that need to be taken to maneuver through the disruption facing the industry and respond to these challenges. It provides utility organizations with tools that help build efficiency and agility within their business and drive value from technology investments.
This service is built on the foundations of extensive engagement and research by the IDC Energy Insights team across the utilities industry in this region. Our analysts work with industry experts, staff from the utility business, and technology vendors to ensure that the research service is relevant and prioritize areas that are of importance to them and the industry at large.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Digital transformation and innovation best practice in key country markets in the Asia/Pacific utilities sector
- Customer experience in the utilities sector: Best practices and recommendations
- Examples and use cases of innovation across the sector from vendors and utility organizations
- Deployment and expectations for 3rd Platform and innovation accelerators by utility organizations
- Connected assets: Strategies, maturity, and best practices for asset management
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What is the impact of technology on business priorities of utility organizations?
- Who is disrupting the marketplace and how?
- How are technology and innovation accelerators like AR/VR, cognitive computing, robotics, and IoT changing the business environment within utilities?
- How can a partner ecosystem of niche and services vendors be leveraged to drive value from innovation in the industry?
- How can utilities respond to the technology disruption that is currently under way in the Asia/Pacific environment and reduce costs of operation in this setting?
- What are the top trends that the Asia/Pacific utility industry will experience and go through in the next years?
Who Should Subscribe
- Business and IT executives and managers working in the utility business
- Professional services firms supporting the utility industry
- Operational technology vendors working in the utilities ecosystem