IDC Energy Insights: Asia/Pacific Utilities Digital Transformation Strategies examines the business environment of the utilities industry in the Asia/Pacific region, excluding Japan. The Asia/Pacific utilities sector is a very dispersed industry characterized by varied competitive conditions, regulatory environment, digital maturity, and future priorities depending on the local environment each utility organization is operating in. Across the sector, however, utilities are facing fundamental disruption in all parts of the generation, transmission, and distribution value chain. The physical technology foundation of the industry is being transformed as companies shift to digital grid environments, increased renewable investments are made, and customers’ expectations change. This is resulting in business model change, pressure on regulatory models and the requirement to accelerate digitization and transformation. The IDC Energy Insights: Asia/Pacific Utilities Digital Transformation Strategies research program provides utilities with advice to help them in their technology decision making in this environment by providing insight to the best practices that utilities across the region are focused on now, and it provides the road maps they need to have in place to create the flexible and agile operations that will enable a services-centric customer focus while at the same time delivering significant improvements in efficiency. This research service also provides utilities with insight to support decisions associated with technology, process and organization relating to the innovation, culture change, and integration that is required to achieve these goals.
IDC Energy Insights: Asia/Pacific Utilities Digital Transformation Strategies
This service is built on the foundations of extensive engagement and research by the IDC Energy Insights team across the utilities industry in this region. Our analysts work with industry experts, staff from the utility business, and technology vendors to ensure that the research service is relevant and prioritize areas that are of importance to them and the industry at large.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Digital transformation use cases and business model change in key country markets across the Asia/Pacific utilities sector
- Innovation best practice in key country markets in the Asia/Pacific utilities sector
- Digital grid: Strategies, maturity, and best practices
- Deployment and expectations for 3rd Platform and innovation accelerators by utility organizations
- Connected assets: Strategies, maturity, and best practices for asset management
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What is the impact of technology on business priorities of utility organizations?
- Who is disrupting the marketplace and how?
- How are technology and innovation accelerators like AR/VR, cognitive computing, robotics, and IoT changing the business environment within utilities?
- How can a partner ecosystem of niche and services vendors be leveraged to drive value from innovation in the industry?
- How can utilities respond to the technology disruption that is currently under way in the Asia/Pacific environment and reduce costs of operation in this setting?
- What are the top trends that the Asia/Pacific utility industry will experience and go through in the next years?
Who Should Subscribe
- Business and IT executives and managers working in the utility business
- Professional services firms supporting the utility industry
- Operational technology vendors working in the utilities ecosystem