IDC Energy Insights: Asia/Pacific Utilities Digital Transformation Strategies examines the utilities industry in the Asia/Pacific (APAC) region, excluding Japan. This sector is a very dispersed industry characterized by varied competitive conditions, regulatory environment, digital maturity, and future priorities depending on the local environment each utility organization is operating in. Across the sector, however, utilities are facing fundamental disruption in all parts of the generation, transmission, and distribution value chain. The industry's physical technology foundation is being transformed as companies shift to digital grid environments, increased renewable investments are made, and customers' expectations change — resulting in business model changes, pressure on regulatory models, and the requirement to accelerate digitalization and transformation. IDC Energy Insights: Asia/Pacific Utilities Digital Transformation Strategies provides utilities with advice on technology decision making by providing insight to the best practices that utilities across the region are focused on now, and it provides the road maps they need to create flexible and agile operations that will enable a services-centric customer focus while delivering significant improvements in efficiency. This research service also provides utilities with insight to support decisions on technology, process, and organization relating to the innovation, culture change, and integration required to achieve these goals. It also offers exclusive access to research targeting APAC utilities' priorities and the analysts who keep a consistent eye on the market dynamics and industry experts providing guidance around IT investment focus areas to cater business objectives.
This service is built on the foundations of extensive engagement and research by the IDC Energy Insights team across the utilities industry in this region. Our analysts work with industry experts, staff from the utility business, and technology vendors to ensure that the research service is relevant and to prioritize areas that are of importance to them and the industry at large. Research reports have a broader coverage, from business strategy planning to technology selection to vendor assessment to resiliency, along with the perspectives on regional and topical issues.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Digital transformation (DX) use cases and business model changes in key country markets across the Asia/Pacific utilities sector
- Innovation best practice in key country markets in the Asia/Pacific utilities sector
- Digital grid including strategies, maturity, and best practices
- Deployment and expectations for 3rd Platform and innovation accelerators by utility organizations
- Connected assets including strategies, maturity, and best practices for asset management
- Emerging DX and tech priorities including cloud, analytics, IoT, AI, and 3rd Platform tech priorities
- IDC MarketScape evaluating digital transformation technologies and providers that serve Asia/Pacific utility customers
- Emerging role of start-ups in the evolution of smart grid and renewable technology ecosystem
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What is the impact of technology on the business priorities of utility organizations?
- Who is disrupting the marketplace and how?
- How are technology and innovation accelerators changing the business environment within utilities?
- How can a partner ecosystem of niche and services vendors be leveraged to drive value from innovation in the industry?
- How can utilities respond to the technology disruption that is currently under way in the APAC region and reduce operation costs in this setting?
- What are the top trends that the Asia/Pacific utility industry will experience and go through in the next few years?
- What are the upcoming key challenges and market trends? How are APAC utility companies leveraging technology to enable business outcomes?
- What are the driving factors toward digital transformation, and what are the potential threats and opportunities with changing market dynamics?
Who Should Subscribe
- Business and IT executives and managers working in the utility business
- Professional services firms supporting the utility industry
- Operational technology vendors working in the utilities ecosystem
- Technology suppliers specialized in offering digital transformation services for the utilities ecosystem in the Asia/Pacific region