PaaS is a key catalyst for digital transformation, particularly in Canada. End-user organizations, ISVs, and the channel are at varying degrees of maturity toward PaaS and have widely varied perceptions of providers. Effective use of PaaS will stem from a grounding in DevOps, DataOps, microservice architecture, machine learning, and serverless, among other capabilities. Research in this program is intended to help vendors and providers track market dynamics and to move the market forward with greater speed.
Canadian Platform as a Service Ecosystem
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Cloud application platforms
- Hybrid PaaS
- Microservices, containers, CI/CD, and DevOps
- FaaS, serverless, and event driven
- DBaaS, machine learning, and analytics
- Monitoring, management, and security
- End-User PaaS and DX Readiness in Canada
- Canadian PaaS Perceptions and Shares
- ISV PaaS Community in Canada
- Channel PaaS and DX Readiness in Canada
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the legacy to PaaS maturity path organizations follow and how to advance them?
- What do organizations think about the PaaS solutions of various providers?
- What is the PaaS and related market sizes, forecasts, and shares?
- What are ISVs and the channel actioning around PaaS in their business?