IDC's PaaS: Emerging Trends and Strategies program provides broad coverage of the PaaS market and offers a view that spans multiple platform service areas including monitoring, security, IoT, cognitive and machine learning, and emerging cloud function (aka serverless) services. This program uses survey data and a collaborative approach to research to provide a unique view into the use of PaaS at organizations today. This program helps both end-user organizations and vendors determine the maturity of key markets and adjust product planning, aligning their products with customer needs and gaining a competitive understanding of what services are being implemented across the industry and what factors play into buying decisions.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- The role of PaaS in supporting IoT
- The role of PaaS in supporting cognitive services
- The growth and use of event-driven functions services
- A competitive market forecast looking at PaaS revenue that includes infrastructure software, hardware, and other supporting services
- Adoption Plans of PaaS
- Worldwide PaaS Emerging Trends Market Shares
- Worldwide PaaS Emerging Trends Forecast
- API Management in Application Composition
- Low-Code/No-Code PaaS
- Artificial Intelligence PaaS
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the demand level for serverless/event-driven/functions services in a PaaS setting?
- Where does API management and API utilization stand in the platform market, and how is it evolving?
- What options are available for data as a service, and how quickly is that segment growing?
- Is storage software likely to disrupt other cloud storage options?
- How are cognitive/AI and machine learning services being rendered by PaaS environments, and how are applications consuming those services?