IDC's Content Distribution Networks program provides a market overview and key innovation impacting the content distribution networks (CDN) sector including a forecast of the market, innovative vendor profile use cases, end-user requirements, and communications service provider (CSP) strategies. This program also analyzes the portfolio and strategy of CDNs and the impact of integrating IoT, mobile, and streaming video.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- The role of securing content
- The provision of analytics to add value and optimize/personalize content
- The transformation to a virtualized, cloud-hosted environment
- Web acceleration and traffic prediction by region
- Global CDN Market Strategy and Trends
- Worldwide CDN Global Market Size and Forecast
- Transformational Factors Impacting CDN
- CDN Case Studies
- CDN Service Provider Profiles
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Who are the key players in the CDN market?
- What are the CDN market size and forecast?
- How is the CDN market evolving with mobile and streaming video requirements?
- What is the impact of move to all IP, virtualized, and cloud-hosted environment on CDN?
- Who are the key players in the CDN market in the United States and globally?
- What market segments are driving this sector (video, mobile, media services, etc.)?
- What are the key portfolio strategies of the key providers?
Akamai Technologies, Inc.,
Level 3 Communications,
Limelight Networks, Inc.,
Verizon Communications, Inc.