IDC's Robotics: Service Robots advisory service provides companies with information and expertise to understand, deploy, and manage robotic technology outside of the more traditional industrial manufacturing applications. Robotic technology is in the midst of a period of rapid technological advancement coupled with a market that is increasingly accepting of robotics. As companies seek out next level of productivity and efficiency gains, robotics provides the capability to drive value by automating many business processes that have historically been manually executed, achievable today due to innovation in robotic technologies.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Commercial service robotics and related technologies
- Market trends, needs, use cases, investment priorities, and industry landscape in relation to the deployment of commercial service robots
- Advances in key robotics physical modules, including connectivity, sensors, end effectors, and vision and motion control
- Advances in software technologies supporting robotics, particularly the use of artificial intelligence (AI) approaches to improve cognitive learning, human-robot interaction, programming, and commissioning
- The integration of robotics into existing business processes
- Regional adoption patterns, winning strategies, and best practices for commercial service robotics
- Collaborative Robotics Forecast and Analysis
- Mobile Robotics Forecast and Analysis
- Robotic Components Forecast and Analysis
- Robotic Integration with Enterprise Systems Forecast and Analysis
- Emerging Robotic Technology Trends and Analysis
- Mobile Robotics IDC MarketScape
- Service Robotics IDC TechScape
- Service Robotics IDC Innovators
- Service Robotics Use Case and Strategy
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How do I identify opportunities and justify the investment in commercial service robotics?
- What are the best practices to achieve superior performance and highest return on investment for service robotics?
- How do I evaluate and select vendors or solution providers that are best suited to my service robotics needs?
- How does the proliferation of robots change approaches to staffing and skill development?
- What technologies contribute most to the advancement of commercial service robotic capabilities?
- What is the role of cognitive computing, AI, and machine learning in advancing collaborative robotics?
Clearpath Robotics, Inc.,
ENSIGN-BICKFORD INDUSTRIES, INC.,
FETCH ROBOTICS, INC.,
GreyOrange Pte Ltd,
IAM Robotics, LLC,
Locus Robotics, Inc.,
Mobile Industrial Robots ApS,
Rethink Robotics, Inc.,
RightHand Robotics, Inc.,
Robert Bosch GmbH,
SOFT ROBOTICS INC.,
Simbe Robotics, Inc.,
Stäubli International AG,
VECNA TECHNOLOGIES, INC.,
YASKAWA Electric Corporation