IDC's Drones: Commercial and Consumer Opportunities research forecasts and analyzes both consumer and commercial shipments of drone products at both the U.S. and worldwide levels. This service provides a greater understanding of the hardware, software, and services opportunities around this new technology. Customers benefit from a holistic view of the market, including historical market share data and a forecast of future shipments. The research in this service also examines market trends and key challenges and opportunities as well as consumer and commercial attitudes about drone features and usage models.
Drones: Commercial and Consumer Opportunities
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Early movers in the drone hardware, software, and services spaces
- U.S. and worldwide historical and forecast shipments
- Key market trends, including the impact of AR/VR on the drone market
- U.S. consumer survey data on brands, features, pricing, and usage models
- U.S. commercial survey data on brands, features, pricing, and usage models
- Drones: Consumer Interest Survey
- Drones: Worldwide 2018–2022 Forecast
- Drones: Commercial Use Case Survey
- Drones: 1H18 Market Share
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How big is the market opportunity for drones, and how quickly will hardware become commoditized?
- What are the key jobs to be done for drones in both the consumer space and the vertical space?
- Are consumers and businesses interested in drones as a service, and at what price points would such a service become viable?
- Who are the key OEM, ODM, and component players in the drone market, and will leaders in the AR/VR space be important vendors in the drone space?
- Will there be a dominant software platform in drones, and, if so, will it support a developer ecosystem?