With growing competition from nonbank platforms and the commoditization of products, the ability to onboard, connect, and deliver new and existing services to corporate customers digitally is becoming paramount. Open banking is democratizing data access and payment services, which puts corporate banks under immense pressure to modernize corporate bank connectivity and rethink their value proposition to deliver new data-driven and value-adding services to their clients. The economic crisis brought about by the pandemic will only accelerate this transformation, as customers turn to their banking partners for help to navigate the challenging waters ahead – with actionable insights, with proactive advice to achieve their business goals, and with new approaches to boost productivity of their treasury operations.
The IDC Financial Insights: Worldwide Corporate Banking Digital Transformation Strategies advisory service provides clients with insightful information and analysis of corporate and commercial banking trends, including cash and treasury, trade finance, commercial lending, and payments. It also provides coverage of how the impact of emerging 3rd Platform technologies like big data, analytics, cloud, mobility, IoT, blockchain, and cognitive technologies transforms the sector and how their convergence unlocks new business and operating models. The service offers timely, strategic, and actionable business IT and application advice to guide our clients as they undertake digital investment decisions, plan for future technology needs, and benchmark themselves against competitors. It provides ongoing research reports, analyst access, and admission to content-rich conferences and webcasts for the benefit of financial institutions as well as technology vendors.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Preparing for open ecosystems — the need for an enterprise digital platform
- Transformation of corporate-to-bank connectivity away from outdated APIs and API monetization
- Customer onboarding and client selection and profitability
- Tech buyer research — IDC MarketScapes for treasury management
- Building a value proposition around predictive capabilities
- Exploring new data-driven business models such as treasury as a service or insights as a service
- The need for value-adding overlay services to get customers hooked on real-time payments
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How are banks driving their digital transformation (DX) and the emergence of new technologies?
- What are the spending priorities and requirements for corporate banks?
- What does the competitive landscape for corporate banking vendors look like?
- What are corporate customers looking for from their bank partners?
- Which capabilities are needed to compete and differentiate in an increasingly commoditized, open environment?
- How to futureproof the corporate banking business in the digital era?
Who Should Subscribe
The IDC Financial Insights: Worldwide Corporate Banking Digital Transformation Strategies advisory service provides C-level executives and divisional heads within corporate banks, global transaction banks, and commercial banks as well as technology vendors and consultants with a specific corporate banking proposition. Our continual interaction with our clients assists them in making better-informed decisions to improve competitiveness and operations.