The Worldwide Smart Cities Spending Guide examines the Smart City opportunity from a use case, technology, strategic priority, and geography perspective. This comprehensive forecast database delivered via IDC's Customer Insights query tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about the Smart City technology market by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons. The Worldwide Smart Cities Spending Guide is unique in that it sizes and forecasts emerging use cases in urban ecosystems around the world and includes spending by ecosystem players in addition to government spending. The guide provides insights into the use of IT innovations in cities.
This product covers the following segments of the Smart City market:
- 9 regions: USA, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa, Latin America, PRC, and Asia/Pacific
- 180+ cities across all 9 regions
- 4 technology groups with 8 technology categories: Hardware (infrastructure hardware and IaaS, specialty hardware, and other hardware), software (applications, platform and analytics, and other software), services, and connectivity
- 35+ use cases, including: Fixed visual surveillance, mobile video capture and recording, digital evidence management, early warning systems, officer wearables, next-gen emergency, smart campus, smart stadiums, open data, smart kiosks, advanced public transit, intelligent traffic management, smart parking, vehicle to everything connectivity, smart outdoor lighting, smart public buildings, smart trash collection, smart city platforms, digital twin, and others
This spending guide is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative. The following are the deliverables for this spending guide:
- Annual five-year forecasts by use case, technology, and region delivered twice a year
- Three-year view by city delivered twice a year
- Worldwide Smart Cities taxonomy defining the smart city opportunity and the use cases and technologies included in the spending guide
- Smart Cities spending for 200+ cities in the December 2019 release
About This Spending Guide
IDC's Worldwide Smart Cities Spending Guide provides unique insight on future technology opportunities in Smart Cities across all regions around the world. Segmented by use case, strategic priority, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into this rapidly growing market, the spending on IT innovations, and how the market will develop over the coming years.
The Value of Subscribing to IDC Spending Guides
How Customers Use Spending Guides to Pinpoint Opportunities