IDC Retail Insights: Global Connected Supply Chain Execution and Fulfillment Strategies advisory service arms manufacturing, wholesale, and retailer companies with the specific knowledge necessary to globally deploy extended supply chain execution capabilities and networks and better manage supporting business processes. These business process investments drive interest in research that helps manufacturers, wholesalers, and retailers, and their business partners make more insightful and informed decisions on the deployment of global supply chain execution strategies and supporting technology applications. Forward-looking research, combined with fact-based analysis of successful global supply chain execution strategies, provides clients with practical ways to better manage product quality trade-offs, improve service performance, and better understand customer and consumer relationships while minimizing cost, thereby growing customer loyalty and brand strength. This service examines the impact of technology investments and process initiatives on the performance of enterprise systems that enable better planning and execution from product inspiration to presentation (consumer purchase). Specific coverage is given to the drivers, benefits, processes, and applications related to a visible, efficient, and intelligent supply chain and execution systems.
IDC Retail Insights: Global Connected Supply Chain Execution and Fulfillment Strategies
This service collects relevant market data through in-depth interviews with industry experts, retailers, wholesalers, manufacturers, and technology vendors, complemented by secondary research from conferences, publications, and third-party news sources. IDC Retail Insights analysts develop unique and comprehensive analyses of this data, focused on providing actionable recommendations. To ensure relevance, our analysts work with subscribers to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Trends and predictions for global supply chain execution, including global trade management, inventory optimization, transportation management, and warehouse management — all aligned under the broader notion of fulfillment excellence
- Integrated supply chain execution — business processes development and technology enablement aligned to driving a holistic approach to supply chain execution
- Supply chain execution best practices, across retail and manufacturing and within specific value chains
- Global supply chain execution strategies and the unique perspectives of risk and benefit
- Emerging supply chain execution and related technologies and their impact on business processes and innovation
- Business, organizational, and infrastructure technology priorities for each geographic region
- Global sourcing and retail product innovation and life-cycle management
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the key goals, risks, and benefits of a global supply chain execution strategy?
- What are the unique perspectives for supply chain business processes within each geographical region, including emerging regions of design and manufacturing?
- What is the key role for supply chain execution and fulfillment, both today and into the future?
- What defines successful customer and supplier relationships?
- How are innovative technologies, processes, and applications shaping the future of supply chain execution?
- What supply chain technology tools and applications have the most value for your particular business and supply chain strategies? Which technology vendors should you look at to solve a particular business problem?
Who Should Subscribe
The IDC Retail Insights: Global Connected Supply Chain Execution and Fulfillment Strategies service is ideally suited to support the needs of senior omni-channel, innovation, strategy, supply chain, product development, corporate brand, manufacturing, and retail IT executives responsible for ensuring successful delivery of products from concept or source to consumer. Suppliers to the industry focused on enterprise supply chain, product life-cycle management applications, and mobile execution will also benefit from this service