IDC has introduced coverage of product engineering and operational technology services, which has become even more prominent due to the increased deployment of digital engineering technologies including Internet of Things (IoT), Industry 4.0 implementations, AR/VR, computer vision, robotics/autonomous systems and other technologies. It is anticipated that the Digital Engineering and Operational Technology Services CIS will be the foundation for market research related to all technologies that will enable customers to envision and build better technology products and infuse resiliency into their operations.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- The Digital Engineering and Operational Technology Services CIS will analyze the R&D/product engineering processes associated with the creation and management of a product, as well as those services associated with maximizing the life span and optimizing the yield associated with technologically complex products or assets. This research area has become more prominent in the past year given the increased interest and adoption in digital engineering implementations. Users of this service will benefit from deeper insights about end-user demand for product engineering services, spending intentions, a worldwide spending forecast, thought leadership related to digital technologies influencing the growth for product engineering and operational technology services and a series of vendor profiles. This service will analyze a whole new range of buyers and suppliers not directly associated with the IT function, such as research and development, product development, and VP of engineering and specialty product engineering services vendors. Note: Traditional IT suppliers that provide product engineering services will also be analyzed.
- Worldwide and U.S. Product Engineering Services Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Product Engineering Services Vendor Competitive Analysis
- Buyer Adoption Patterns and Spending Intentions for Product Engineering Services
- Buyer Case Studies and Vendor Profiles of Product Engineering Services Initiatives
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the emerging market trends with respect to digital engineering and operational technology services?
- What strategies are firms adopting, and how are they adjusting their capabilities to respond to new market needs?
- Which firms can best leverage the increasing market demand for digital engineering and operational technology services?
- How are new digital technologies in combination with traditional engineering services helping customers accelerate innovation and build resilient operations?
- How can buyer organizations evaluate which engineering services providers to consider either for product development or for overall operational technology process transformation?