The Diversity, Inclusion and Women in IT research delivers access to the latest industry data exposing the business opportunity for organizations to increase participation of women in technology. Our analysis of these trends will help diversity and inclusion officers better understand the drivers and success criteria for recruiting and retaining women in both technology roles and at technology companies.
Diversity, Inclusion and Women in IT
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Understanding the business impacts of high churn rates among women in IT
- Understanding the pipeline of female job candidates and recruiting strategies success factors for women in technology — tracking and forecasting the skills pipeline of women in technology and college and university graduation rates
- Managing corporate culture around diversity/inclusion — highlighting the investment and trends in corporate culture, success stories, corporate mentoring programs, the role of entrepreneurship in driving parity, and how women will participate in the gig economy
- Relevant industry trends and new diversity programs highlighted
- Tech industry investment in diversity programs for benchmarking capabilities
- Translating the success of K–12 mentoring and early guidance programs in helping girls better understand the IT and STEM career paths available
- Gain a better understanding of challenges and obstacles faced by women in the tech industry and develop strategies to foster change
- Biannual Survey of Women in Technology: Summary Report, Insights, and Recommendations
- Quarterly Technology Vendor Profiles: Diversity and Inclusion Programs for Women
- Industry Trends Reports: Covering Issues and Topics Currently Impacting Women in Technology
- EEOC Annual Data: A Summary Report Analyzing Government EEOC Data as It's Released Along with Baseline Statistics and Key Metrics
- Technology Company Diversity Survey and Report: A Year-End Survey Completed by the Diversity Leaders at Major Technology Companies, Covering Their Diversity Programs and Experiences
- Focus Report: STEM Education and Pipeline Challenges
- Webinar: Summarizing the Biannual Survey Findings and Key Success Factors
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How are changes in corporate culture impacting the participation of women in technology?
- What are the major drivers for attracting female employees in technology organizations? What are the inhibitors?
- Which technology companies are leading in terms of women's initiatives, and what is the average level of investment in these initiatives in 2018?
- What role can men play in improving the participation of women in technology jobs and companies?
AT&T Inc., Amazon.com Inc., Apple Inc., CenturyLink, Inc., Charter Communications, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Comcast Corporation, Dell Inc., Facebook, Inc., Google Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Intel Corporation, LinkedIn Corporation, Lyft Inc., Microsoft Corporation, NVIDIA Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Qualcomm Inc., SAP SE, Salesforce.com, Inc., T-Mobile International AG, Uber Technologies, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., eBay Inc.