IDC's Pricing Evaluation Service: Enterprise Security Solutions is utilized widely by internal competitive intelligence, marketing, sales support, and field sales teams. The service provides security solution vendors with the intelligence and analysis to create winning price and product positioning strategies. This research offering includes real-time pricing intelligence on new products and changes to existing products; details on MSRP, promotions, and channel pricing; and end-user deal intelligence on volume discounts, configurations, and contract terms for license and service agreements. Delivery to clients is via IDC's Data Products portal and via inquiry.
Pricing Evaluation Service: Enterprise Security Solutions
This product covers the following segments of the enterprise security market:
- Network security
- Endpoint security
- Threat intelligence
- Security gateways
- Mobile security
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Comparison of product features and functions
- Comparison of delivery SaaS versus on-premises
- Detailed technical product information
- Pricing list, channel, and maintenance
- Real deal transaction information
- Pricing history
- Services profiles and comparisons
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
- A set of vendor product and pricing guides providing a detailed account of current product selection, pricing, and quote examples
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- Which vendors initiate/dominate price positioning in this marketplace?
- What are a vendor's discounting practices?
- What are the defining issues and predictors of pricing over the next year?
- How does our security solution stack up against the competitor's product technically?
- How do technology changes affect the procurement decisions of major corporate buyers?
Amazon Web Services Inc., Blue Coat Systems, Inc., Box, Inc., CA Technologies, Inc., Carbon Black, Inc., Check Point Software Technologies Ltd., Cisco Systems, Inc., CrowdStrike, Inc., FireEye, Inc., Forcepoint LLC, Fortinet, Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Illumio Inc., Juniper Networks, Inc., Kaspersky Lab, Inc., McAfee LLC, Microsoft Corporation, Palo Alto Networks, Inc., Sophos Plc, Symantec Corporation, Trend Micro Incorporated, VMware, Inc.