With the advent of the value-based paradigm, healthcare organizations are today tasked to ensure equitable access and financial sustainability while improving and reducing the variation of clinical outcomes in healthcare systems. Increasing collaboration across the healthcare value chain, adopting a more personalized approach to treatment, championing the patient experience, and adopting outcome-based business models are fast emerging as necessary for the healthcare industry to succeed. The IDC Health Insights: European Value-Based Healthcare Digital Transformation Strategies service focuses on analyzing European healthcare providers, payers, and public health policy makers' digital strategy and best practices in supporting the adoption of value-based healthcare to deliver the maximum value to patients.
Value-based healthcare is a key driver of digital transformation as it requires an unprecedented level of availability of patient information. Key solutions as HIE, population health management, smart patient engagement tools, advanced analytics and cognitive, and cloud and mobility will fundamentally impact care providers and payers' value-based healthcare strategies execution and success.
This service develops comprehensive data and unique analyses through focused topical surveys, primary and secondary research, and insights from industry experts, practitioners, and vendors. To ensure relevance, IDC Health Insights' analysts work with subscribers to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Solutions enabling care integration across settings, care outcomes, and costs measurement, including population health management, EHRs, HIE, telemedicine, national registry information systems, public health surveillance systems, bundled reimbursements systems
- How 3rd IT platform and innovation accelerators are enabling value-based health
- Major applications, including disease management, patient information sharing, pathway management, patient portals, mobile apps, dynamic performance dashboard, etc.
- Best practices and case studies related to business process and technology alignment
- Critical business and regulatory drivers for value-based health digital investments
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the key market trends and challenges facing healthcare organizations in embracing a value-based healthcare approach in the years ahead?
- Which is the impact of information technology investments in enabling value-based healthcare initiatives? what are the key functions that can be automated/augmented by technology?
- How are healthcare organizations leveraging technology to integrate patient pathways and personalize care while increasing efficiencies, reducing costs, and ensuring regulatory compliance?
- How do emerging technologies such as big data and analytics, cloud, mobility, and social business apply to value-based healthcare? what role are innovation accelerators and new technologies as cognitive, blockchain, and IoT playing?
- How to improve patient engagement and interaction? How to measure outcomes and costs at single patient?
This program is ideally suited to support the needs of managers responsible for defining strategies and operations and IT executives who are driving value-based care initiatives in their organizations. Technology suppliers specialized in offering population health management and patient engagement solutions leveraging 3rd Platform and innovation accelerators technologies to healthcare organizations will also benefit from this service.