IDC Health Insights: European Digital Hospital service provides detailed information about the evolution of digital hospital transformation and technology adoption. It offers valuable insights into IT solution trends within the hospital sector, including healthcare-specific technologies such as electronic health records; admission, discharge, and transfer; digital medical imaging systems; VNA and archiving; and business intelligence and patient management systems.
This service focuses on a vital component of healthcare — the digital hospital. Healthcare systems across the world are facing care quality and sustainability challenges that require a new approach to care delivery and reimbursement models. The fully digital hospital is in the center of that journey, being a key enabler of change. The hospital CIOs are facing new technology but, at the same time, a growing legacy IT burden that must be managed alongside of new digital initiatives.
In healthcare, management of legacy systems is therefore a growing challenge — when looking at not only obsolete digital applications but also infrastructure and, in the end, how healthcare providers purchase digital applications and platforms. When IT fails to deliver because of legacy and lack of agility, the business model and clinical processes become legacy as well.
Key solutions such as EHR, RIS, PACS, VNA, ECM, advanced analytics, cloud, and mobility will fundamentally impact hospitals' digital strategies execution and success.
This service develops comprehensive data and unique analyses through focused topical surveys, primary and secondary research, and insights from industry experts, practitioners, and vendors. To ensure relevance, IDC Health Insights' analysts work with subscribers to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Solutions enabling operational and clinical efficiency, new reimbursement models, data management, cybersecurity and patient engagement (including hospital core clinical applications), supply chain, reimbursement models, and health integration exchange
- Major applications, including electronic healthcare record, patient administrative systems, RIS/PACS, patient information sharing, reimbursements systems, patient portals, mobile apps, business intelligence, and big data and analytics
- Best practices and case studies related to business process and technology alignment
- IDC MarketScape evaluations of technologies and providers servicing the digital hospital marketplace
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the key market trends and challenges facing healthcare organizations in embracing a value-based healthcare approach in the years ahead?
- What is the impact of information technology investments in enabling value-based healthcare initiatives? What are the key functions that can be automated/augmented by technology?
- How are healthcare organizations leveraging technology to integrate patient pathways, personalize care while increasing efficiencies and reducing costs, and ensure regulatory compliance?
- How do emerging technologies such as big data and analytics, cloud, mobility, and social business apply to value-based healthcare? What role are innovation accelerators and new technologies as cognitive, blockchain, and IoT playing?
- How should patient engagement and interaction be improved? How should outcomes and costs at a single patient be measured?
This program is ideally suited to support the needs of hospital managers and CIOs responsible for defining strategies and operations and business executives who are driving value-based care initiatives in their organizations. Technology suppliers specialized in offering digital hospital solutions leveraging 3rd Platform and innovation accelerators technologies to healthcare organizations will also benefit from this service.