IDC Health Insights: European Digital Hospital illustrates the evolution of the digital hospital of the future. It identifies the core elements of an enterprise digital strategy that drives the hospital across its digital transformation journeys. Rapidly evolving technologies, along with demographic and economic changes, are expected to optimize the hospital setting and integrate digital technologies into traditional processes to truly create a health delivery service beyond the walls. In this scenario, traditional legacy systems are limited in terms of agility and connectivity. Hospital IT systems must be able to communicate with each other and interact seamlessly with new devices to allow a new approach to care delivery and reimbursement models.
Building a digital hospital requires investments into technology, processes, and people to improve care delivery, create operational efficiencies, and enhance patient and staff experiences.
Key solutions such as EHR, RIS, PACS, VNA, ECM, advanced analytics, cloud, and mobility will fundamentally impact hospitals' digital strategies execution and success.
This service develops comprehensive data and unique analyses through focused topical surveys, primary and secondary research, and insights from industry experts, practitioners, and vendors. To ensure relevance, IDC Health Insights' analysts work with subscribers to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research documents.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Solutions enabling operational and clinical efficiency, new reimbursement models, data management, cybersecurity and patient engagement (including hospital core clinical applications), supply chain, reimbursement models, and health integration exchange
- Major applications, including electronic healthcare records, patient administrative systems, RIS/PACS, patient information sharing, IoMT, patient portals, mobile apps, business intelligence, artificial intelligence, and big data and analytics
- Best practices and case studies related to business process and technology alignment
- IDC MarketScape evaluations of technologies and providers servicing the digital hospital marketplace
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the key market trends and challenges facing healthcare organizations in embracing a value-based healthcare approach in the years ahead?
- What is the impact of information technology investments in enabling value-based healthcare initiatives in hospital settings? What are the key functions that can be automated/augmented by technology?
- How are healthcare organizations leveraging technology to integrate patient pathways, personalize care while increasing efficiencies and reducing costs, and ensure regulatory compliance?
- How do emerging technologies such as big data and analytics, cloud, mobility, and social business apply to value-based healthcare? What role are innovation accelerators and new technologies such as cognitive, blockchain, and IoT playing? How can a digital twin of the hospital be enabled?
- How should patient engagement and interaction be improved? How should outcomes and costs for a single patient be measured?
This program is ideally suited to support the needs of hospital executives and CIOs responsible for defining strategies and operations and business executives who are driving value-based care initiatives in their organizations. Technology suppliers specialized in offering digital hospital solutions leveraging 3rd Platform and innovation accelerators technologies to healthcare organizations will also benefit from this service.