IDC's Japan Internet of Things: Infrastructure and the Intelligent Edge (Japanese Version with Key English Language Reports) service provides in-depth analysis and forecasts IT infrastructure to realize IoT. In this service, the definition of IoT infrastructure is based on the three-layer model of IoT (cloud or datacenter, edge computing, and IoT endpoint). In the cloud or datacenter layer, it is defined as "IoT core infrastructure" and in the edge computing layer, it is defined as "IoT edge infrastructure." IDC reports the new business opportunity of IoT infrastructure in terms of data and analysis by capturing the market trends in Japan. All studies are designed to provide effective guidance that is essential for strategic and tactical planning, product management and development, and formulating critical marketing strategies. This service in 2021 expands the research scope to whole edge computing including IoT edge infrastructure and will report its market analysis and forecasts.
Japan Internet of Things: Infrastructure and the Intelligent Edge (Japanese Version with Key English Language Reports)
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- IoT edge infrastructure market (purpose-built IoT edge infrastructure)
- IoT edge infrastructure market (general-purpose IT infrastructure)
- IoT core Infrastructure market (general-purpose IT infrastructure)
- Analysis of technology trends in the IoT edge infrastructure market in Japan
- Analysis of utilization of intelligent edge in the IoT edge infrastructure market in Japan
- Analysis trends of major use case in the IoT infrastructure market in Japan
- Japan IoT Edge Infrastructure Market Forecast (By Compute, Storage, and Network; By Main Use Case; and By Product)
- Japan IoT Core Infrastructure Market Forecast (By Compute, Storage, and Network and By Main Use Case)
- Vendor Competition Analysis in Japan IoT Edge Infrastructure Market
- Major Vendor's IoT Edge Product Strategy and Technology Trend
- Intelligent Edge Implementation Case Study of IoT User
- Vendor Selection Criteria by IoT Edge Infrastructure User and Utilization of Intelligent Edge
- Edge Computing Infrastructure Market Forecast
- IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Enterprise Infrastructure 2021 Predictions — Japan Implications
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How much is the market size of IoT edge infrastructure and IoT core infrastructure increasing in Japan?
- How hot is the competition between IT vendor, purpose-built IoT edge infrastructure manufacturer, OT vendor, and public cloud service vendor, and what new businesses are expected for them?
- How will the arising new technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI) and image recognition impact IoT edge infrastructure?
- What are the user decision criteria for IoT edge infrastructure selection? What is the utilization situation of intelligent edges?
- What are the key business success factors for vendors in the IoT edge infrastructure market in Japan?
- How much is the market size of whole edge computing infrastructure increasing in Japan?
ADLINK Technology Inc., ADVANTECH Co., Ltd., ARM Limited, Advanet Inc., Amazon Web Services Inc., Atmark Techno, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Cloudian, Inc., Dell Inc., EDGEMATRIX, Inc., Fujitsu Limited, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Intel Corporation, Lenovo Group Limited, Microsoft Corporation, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, NEC Corporation, NetApp, Inc., Oki Data Corporation, Schneider Electric SE, Siemens AG, Stratus Technologies Inc., Sun Corp.