IDC's Japan Internet of Things: Infrastructure and the Intelligent Edge (Japanese Version with Key English Language Reports) service provides in-depth analysis and forecasts IT infrastructure to realize IoT. In this service, the definition of IoT infrastructure is based on the three-layer model of IoT (cloud or datacenter, edge computing, and IoT endpoint), which is IoT basic architecture. IoT infrastructure for the cloud or datacenter layer is defined as "IoT core infrastructure," and IoT infrastructure for the edge computing layer is defined as "IoT edge infrastructure." IDC reports the new business opportunity of IoT infrastructure in terms of data and analysis by capturing the market trends in Japan. All studies are designed to provide effective guidance that is essential for strategic and tactical planning, product management and development, and formulating critical marketing strategies.
Japan Internet of Things: Infrastructure and the Intelligent Edge (Japanese Version with Key English Language Reports)
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- IoT edge infrastructure market (purpose-built IoT edge infrastructure)
- IoT edge infrastructure market (general-purpose IT infrastructure: server, storage, and network)
- IoT core infrastructure market (general-purpose IT infrastructure: server, storage, and network)
- Analysis of technology trends in the IoT edge infrastructure market in Japan
- Japan IoT Edge Infrastructure Market Forecast and IoT Core Infrastructure Market Forecast (By Main Use Case, By General-Purpose Server and Purpose-Built IoT Edge Infrastructure)
- Competition Analysis on Japan IoT Edge Infrastructure Market (New Battle of IT Vender, Purpose-Built IoT Edge Infrastructure Manufacturer and Public Cloud Service Vendor)
- IoT Strategies and IoT Edge Infrastructure Product Analysis of Major Vendors
- IoT Edge Infrastructure and IoT Core Infrastructure User Implementation Case Study
- Vender Selection Criteria by User for IoT Edge Infrastructure
- IoT Edge Infrastructure Technology Trend Analysis
- IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Enterprise Infrastructure 2020 Predictions — Japan Implications
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How much is the market size of IoT edge infrastructure and IoT core infrastructure increasing in Japan?
- How hot is the competition between the IT vendor, purpose-built IoT edge infrastructure manufacturer, and public cloud service vendor, and what new business opportunities are expected?
- What impact will arise on IoT edge infrastructure by new technology such as cognitive/artificial intelligence (AI)?
- What are the user decision criteria for IoT edge infrastructure selection?
- What are the key business success factors for both general-purpose IT vendors and purpose-built IoT edge infrastructure manufacturers in the IoT edge infrastructure market in Japan?
ADLINK Technology Inc., ADVANTECH Co., Ltd., ARM Limited, Adva Holdings, LLC, Atmark Techno, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Cloudian, Inc., Dell Inc., Fujitsu Limited, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Intel Corporation, NEC Corporation, NetApp, Inc., Schneider Electric SE, Siemens AG, Sun Corp.