Digital transformation and the pandemic have brought has brought the issue of having the right skills and talent available onto the C-level agenda. Skills availability and development have become critical components for building a digitally resilient organization. Lack of skills impacts most of an organization's key performance indicators, from revenue growth to bottom line – and digital transformation projects are delayed from the lack of skills – in IT but also digital skills in the Line of Business. IDC’s European Skills: Leadership and Capabilities for Digital Transformation service helps organizations understand the impact of digital transformation on leadership and IT skills as well as on other jobs, how stakeholders (e.g. employers, governments and academia) are addressing their skills needs internally and through partnerships, how a consistent skills development strategy should be built, and the importance of certifications and skills frameworks to develop the talent needed for the future.
European Skills: Leadership and Capabilities for Digital Transformation
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Talent and capabilities needed for successful digital transformation
- Forecast of demand for IT skills in Europe
- Strategies for skills development
- Assess the importance of certification
- Development of skills ecosystems across Europe
- Impact of upskill/reskill programs in the light of technology change
- Strategies for attracting and retaining women in technology
- The emergence of skills hubs in Europe
- Top Technology Roles and Skills in Demand in Europe, 2022
- Strategies for Addressing the Technology Skills Gap in Europe
- Upskilling and Reskilling Tech Talent to meet Demand for New Technologies
- Demand for IT Skills in Europe, 2022-2026
- European IT Education and Training Services Forecast, 2022-2026
- IDC MarketScape: European IT Training Market 2021 Vendor Assessment
- Inclusion and Diversity in Technology Professions
- Skills Assessment and Development Technologies
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the best practices for developing the right talent and skills for digital transformation?
- Which are the best practices that organizations are employing for successful reskilling and upskilling strategies?
- How important is certification and will this change as new IT professional skills framework develop?
- What is the demand for IT skills in Europe and how will it grow over the next five years?
- What are the relevant strategies to address the skills gap, including attracting women into tech profession?
- What is the impact of a solid skills strategy for creating a digitally resilient enterprise?