IDC's Infrastructure Services program provides insight into how infrastructure services firms are helping enable enterprise digital transformation (DX) strategies. This service will help customers understand how enterprises are transforming their IT infrastructure as part of their DX initiatives as well as providing guidance to infrastructure services providers on industry trends, customer insights, and best practices for developing infrastructure services offerings. While other IDC services program covers the broader professional services industry, this program focuses on specific services offerings for infrastructure technologies (i.e., "close to the box").
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Hybrid cloud (private, public, and multicloud)
- Software-defined datacenters
- Containers, virtualization, and SDI
- Edge computing architectures
- Infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
- Services for storage, servers, and hyperconverged systems
- Data migration and protection
- People, process, and polices in IT organization
- Infrastructure Services Taxonomy
- Consulting and Integration Services for IT Infrastructure
- Datacenter Transformation Services Market Trends
- Software-Defined Infrastructure Consulting and Integration Services
- Impact of Automation on Datacenter Infrastructure Services
- Cloud and Datacenter Migration Trends
- Professional Services for the Edge Datacenter
- Professional Services for Hybrid Cloud
- Professional Services for IoT Infrastructure
- Market Trends and Analysis on the Shift to IaaS Operating Models
- Vendor Profiles of Datacenter Services Providers
- The Shifting Demands on and Evolving Role of IT Organizations
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How is the adoption of DX technologies impacting demand for infrastructure services?
- What capabilities are enterprise looking for when engaging with infrastructure service providers?
- What are the obstacles and challenges to DX transformation?
- How are infrastructure service providers utilizing next-generation technologies to address DX transformation?
- How are partner ecosystems evolving around DX transformation?
AT&T Inc., Accenture plc, Amazon Web Services Inc., Atos S.A., BT Group plc, Cisco Systems, Inc., DXC Technology Co., Dell EMC, Dimension Data Holdings PLC, Ericsson, Fujitsu Limited, Google Inc., HCL, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Infosys Limited, Intel Corporation, Juniper Networks, Inc., Microsoft Corporation, NetApp, Inc., Nokia Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Orange S.A., Rackspace Inc., Red Hat, Inc., Tech Mahindra Limited, Unisys Corporation, VMware, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., Wipro Limited