CIO Executive Council Membership serves the evolving, challenging, and demanding role of the chief information officer (CIO). Through our community of thought leaders, leadership development programs, and custom team development services, we provide the tools and resources that bring CIOs, and their teams, to the next level. Our programs are uniquely designed to help you advance your career as well as your organizational objectives.
CIO Executive Council Membership
Features and Benefits
- Opportunity to connect with like-minded leaders on a specific challenge in a vetted, private environment.
- Assessments to identify and understand your interests, internal and external communication capabilities, and potential.
- Leverage awards expertise to help craft applications that get noticed and considered for winning status.
- Gain access to our library of CIO-focused practitioner tools, including CIO case studies, how-to guides, and exclusive primary research
- Showcase your personal brand with speaking opportunities through CEC productions (podcasts, case studies, and digital initiative profiles) as well as through partnerships with respected IDG brands.
1:1 Confidential Conversations
- One-to-one conversations with our global network of community members, academics, business leaders, global CIOs, publishers, and researchers, all supporting the IT profession.
- Leverage a practitioner point of view to validate decisions and mitigate risks.
- Participate in group consultation roundtables that bring together IT leaders facing similar challenges and problems.
- Engage in scheduled virtual offerings that include IT leaders who provide real-world advice and solutions based on actual projects and IT initiatives.
Brand Management Services
Personal and organizational branding to attract and retain talent, as well as showcase IT successes:
- Personal assessment: Strategic media profile to identify and understand your interests and your internal and external communication capabilities and potential
- Digital profile: A focus on building out a profile relating to your efforts in social, cloud, analytics, mobility, or governance
- Media placements: Partnership with respected IDG brands like CIO and InfoWorld as well as publications such as Forbes, Fortune, Wall Street Journal, and Wired
- Speaking opportunities: Offering a host of engagements at national and international events
- Awards coaching: Providing our expertise in the application process to help craft applications that get noticed
- Complementary access to IDG regional/national events and IDC Directions
- Leveraging of International Data Group (IDG) brands and events — IDG is the world's leading technology media, marketing, and events company, offering CIO Executive Council members the editorial and speaking opportunities with such brands as CIO, CSO ComputerWorld, NetworkWorld, and many others — allowing members to drive visibility and mindshare
- Peer-2-peer advisory services + access to IDC's community of analyst experts and thought leaders offering guidance and insights to all members
- Brand management services, including Awards Coaching to help craft award applications for our globally recognized events, such as CIO 100, FutureEdge, Ones To Watch … and many others that grant recognition and consideration for winning status
- Complimentary access to attend the IDG portfolio of media, awards, and event properties including CIO, CIO100, Agenda national events, and regional U.S. IT events
- A dedicated CIO partner that manages your engagement