IDC's Artificial Intelligence Strategies and Solutions program covers the bigger picture market trends of enterprise artificial intelligence (AI) adoption, provides guidance on building new capabilities, and prioritizes investment options. The research puts AI in the context of business transformation and addresses topics of growing importance to senior executives, key decision makers, and influencers. These topics include build versus buy, AI data readiness, embedded AI, prebuilt AI applications, hybrid and multicloud architecture impact on AI build and deployment, pricing models, trustworthy AI, augmented AI, and machine learning operations.
This IDC research service also addresses the needs of AI and machine learning technology vendors that are incorporating AI and machine learning into their next-generation offerings. The service helps vendors that face decisions about how to convey their value proposition in a crowded market, how to differentiate their offerings, and how to keep abreast of latest demand trends.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- AI adoption trends
- AI maturity, trust, explainability, and governance
- AI applications and solutions across industries and business processes: CX, EX, innovation, augmented intelligence, AR/VR integration, predictive maintenance, and contact center
- AI at scale
- Machine teaching
- Federated learning
- Impact of edge, hybrid cloud, and multicloud architectures on AI training and inferencing
- Democratization and operationalization of machine learning and deep learning
- Pricing and packaging trends
- AI marketplaces and ecosystems
- Predictions, Recommendations, Risk Management, Fraud Management, Intelligent Automation, Conversational AI and Computer Vision Strategies, Applications, and Solutions
- Enterprise AI Journey – IDC MaturityScape
- Global AI Adoption Trends and Strategies – End-User Surveys
- Buyer Case Studies – IDC PeerScapes
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning Market Analyses and Predictions – IDC FutureScape and MAP
- AI Software Market Trends, AI Applications Forecasts and Vendor Market Shares
- Augmented AI
- Containers, Kubernetes, and Kubeflow for AI/ML
- Ecosystem Partnering Strategies – Technology and GTM
- Machine Learning and Deep Learning Tools and Technologies Advancements and Futures
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What constitutes superior AI transformation maturity relative to peers?
- What are the AI software trends and advancements to accelerate AI adoption?
- What are the leading machine learning and deep learning use cases for enterprises?
- What are the new rules for a build versus buy decision for AI?
- What are AI applications, and how are they accelerating business transformation?
- What is needed to realize AI and machine learning at scale?
- What is augmented AI, and what are the leading drivers and trends?
- What are the pricing dynamics for monetizing AI capabilities?
- What are the trends and growth rates for on premises, cloud services, or edge for AI training and inferencing?
- What are the advancements in tools and technolgoies to support enterprise trust, security, and explainability needs for AI?