The Worldwide Connected Consumer Spending Guide examines the connected consumer opportunity from a use case, technology, industry, and geography perspective. This comprehensive database delivered via IDC's Customer Insights query tool allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about the connected consumer technology market by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons.
Worldwide Connected Consumer Spending Guide
This product covers the following segments of the connected consumer market:
- 9 regions: USA, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa, Latin America, PRC, and Asia/Pacific
- 3 technology groups with 22 technology categories: Hardware (augmented reality headset, clothing, consumer drone, consumer robot, desktop, earwear, modular, notebook, smart speaker, smartphone, tablet, virtual reality headset, watch, wristband, home security/monitoring, lighting, thermostat, video entertainment, and others), telecom services (mobile data and mobile voice), services (on-demand services)
- 15 use cases, including: Aerial photography and video, augmented reality games, communication, education, entertainment, home automation, household cleaning and maintenance, manage personal life, personal assistance, personal wellness and health, staying informed, use for work/school, video/feature viewing (VR), virtual reality games, and others
- 2 innovation types: Emerging and traditional
This spending guide is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative. The following are the deliverables for this spending guide:
- Annual five-year forecasts by region, technology group, technology category, sector, industry, use case, and innovation type delivered twice a year
About This Spending Guide
IDC's Worldwide Connected Consumer Spending Guide provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional and total worldwide level. Segmented by industry, use case, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into both large and rapidly growing market segments of the connected consumer market and how the market will develop over the coming years.