Every quarter, thousands of different mobile phone models are sold by over 300 vendors across the globe. Not surprisingly, keeping track of competitive mobile phone prices by model can be a challenging and expensive proposition for any company. IDC addresses this challenge for our clients by delivering online pricing data though its Worldwide Monthly Mobile Phone Pricing Watch.
Every month, IDC captures over 50,000 smartphone prices from over 1,100 ecommerce websites across 78 countries. The data is cleaned and mapped to an IDC tracker taxonomy and then delivered in a comprehensive format so that our clients can make pricing comparisons and management decisions with timely and accurate information.
This monthly pricing service is a complementary tool to IDC's core mobile phone tracker for analyzing the complete online pricing ecosystem.
Markets and Technologies Covered
Core Coverage Data Detail
- Country, name of ecommerce site, model name, product category, product, product detail, OS, air interface, generation, screen size band, storage band, currency, price, promotional rice, VAT/GST percentage, price without VAT/GST, and promotional price without VAT/GST
- Stock notes (translated into English), stock status, number in stock, date first found on ecommerce site, ecommerce site URL, ecommerce site product category URL, model and price URL, and more
- Mobile phone advertised pricing data by model and country
- 9 regions: The United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Latin America, PRC, and Asia/Pacific
- 78 geographies: Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Guatemala, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Kuwait, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Myanmar, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, PRC, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, and Vietnam
This service is delivered monthly in an Excel flat file format. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative.
Key Questions Answered
This database provides the ability to answer the following questions that are critical to success:
- How do mobile phone prices by model vary across the globe?
- How do competitive mobile phone offerings compare in their prices?
- Which models are most frequently advertised by vendor and country?
- How do mobile phone prices vary across ecommerce sites in a country?
- How are my competitors' prices changing, and by how much and how often?
The monthly web pricing by model is provided for dozens of companies including:
Advan, Apple, Asus, Cherry Mobile (Cosmic Technologies), Coolpad, Google, Hisense, HMD, Huawei, Intex, Karbonn, Kyocera, Lava, Lenovo, LG Electronics, LYF (Reliance Retail), Meizu, Micromax, OnePlus, OPPO, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, TCL, Transsion, Vivo, Wiko, Xiaomi, and ZTE