This advisory service provides a holistic view on how technology is changing the way we work. Leveraging IDC's Future of Work framework, it focuses on analyzing technology driven transformation on workforce, workspace and workculture. It looks at the impact of IDC accelerators such as IoT, AI, Robotics, and AR/VR on how work gets done. Designed for both technology providers and buyers, it provides guidance on technology selection and implementation, as well as vendor assessment. Tech buyers will benefit from advice and concrete examples on how they can leverage technology to successfully navigate the most complex transformation every business will face over the next decades. Vendors will benefit from guidance in developing their strategies and go to market.
European Future of Work
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- The digital workspace
- Cross-functional collaboration and agility
- Mapping talent with value: HR analytics
- Employee experience
- Human and machine collaboration
- Lifelong learning: reskilling and upskilling
- The connected workforce
- Employee engagement and trust
- Leadership and change management
- Cognitive service management
- Robotics Process Automation (RPA)
- The office of the future
- Ethical AI
- Market Analysis Perspective on the Future of Work in Europe
- The Digital Workspace Competitive Analysis
- IDC Future of Work Survey: Buyer Strategies and Plan
- Future of Work case studies in Europe
- IDC DecisionScapes addressing human and machine collaboration
- The Office of the Future
- IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Future of Work Predictions
- Studies addressing workspace, workforce and work culture transformation
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is work transformation, what does it entail and how to make it successful (from the top to the bottom of the organization)?
- Which technologies will significantly change work and how?
- How to match talent to business value?
- What service providers are best position to deliver the Future of the Digital Workspace?
- Who should be ultimately responsible for ethical AI?
- How to best implement automation technologies? Reskilling and change management
- How to drive cross-functional collaboration and employee agility?
- How to drive and measure employee experience? The cognitive enterprise
- What are the emerging ecosystems platforms (e.g., crowdsourcing/marketplaces) for talent sourcing, and what impact will they have on the future of work?
ASG Group Ltd., Accenture plc, Adobe Systems Inc., Apple Inc., Atos S.A., Avanade Inc., BMC Software, Inc., Blue Prism Group plc, Canon Inc., Capgemini Services SAS, Cisco Systems, Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation, Computacenter PLC, DXC Technology Co., Dell Inc., Deloitte LLP, Dropbox Inc., Facebook, Inc., Fujitsu Limited, General Electric Company, Google Inc., HP Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, IPsoft Incorporated, MHR International UK Limited, Microsoft Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, Pluralsight LLC, Ricoh Company, Ltd., SAP SE, Salesforce.com, Inc., Seiko Epson Corp., ServiceNow, Inc., Sharp Corporation, Slack Technologies, Inc., Sony Corporation, Symantec Corporation, TalentSoft SA, Trello Inc., UiPath Inc., Workday, Inc.