This advisory service provides a holistic view on how technology is changing the way we work. Leveraging IDC's Future of Work framework, it focuses on analyzing technology driven transformation in the workforce, workspace, and work culture. It looks at the impact of IDC accelerators such as IoT, AI, Robotics, and AR/VR on how work gets done. Designed for both technology providers and buyers, it provides guidance on technology selection and implementation, as well as vendor assessment. Tech buyers will benefit from advice and concrete examples of how they can leverage technology to successfully navigate their workplace transformation strategies and thrive in the "next normal." Vendors will benefit from guidance in their product road maps and go to market strategies.
Europe: Future of Work
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Defining work in the next normal
- The digital workspace
- Agile working and the reconfigurable workforce
- Managing and measuring employee experience
- Automation and intelligent technologies unlocking productivity
- Lifelong learning: reskilling and upskilling
- The business impact of workplace transformation
- Technology adoption and change management
- Next-generation helpdesk services
- The hybrid workplace
- The office of the future
- Mapping talent with value: HR analytics
- Market Analysis Perspective on the Future of Work in Europe
- The Digital Workspace Customer cases
- IDC Future of Work Survey: Buyer Strategies, Plan and Case Studies
- IDC DecisionScapes addressing the impact of intelligent technologies on work and the workforce
- The Office of the Future
- IDC FutureScape: Worldwide Future of Work Predictions
- Studies addressing workspace, workforce, and work culture transformation
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What working models will support organizations to thrive in the next normal?
- Where is work? What workplace model can deliver superior business performance and employee experience?
- What automation and intelligent technologies will unlock productivity and innovation?
- What are the differences in work culture between European countries?
- How do you make your organization resilient to change? How do you reconfigure your workforce to be adaptable to changing customer needs?
- What service providers are best position to deliver the future of the digital workspace?
- What features and functionalities deliver superior end-user experience? How to manage and measure end-user experience?
- What will be the design of the office of the future?
- What are the emerging ecosystem platforms (e.g., crowdsourcing/marketplaces) for talent sourcing, and what impact will they have on the future of work?
- What is employee wellbeing? How do you measure and manage employee wellbeing?
ASG Group Ltd., Accenture plc, Adobe Systems Inc., Amazon Web Services Inc., Apple Inc., Atos SE, Avanade Inc., BMC Software, Inc., Blue Prism Group plc, Canon Inc., Capgemini Services SAS, Cisco Systems Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation, Computacenter PLC, DXC Technology Co., Dell Inc., Deloitte LLP, Dropbox Inc., Facebook, Inc., Fujitsu Limited, General Electric Company, Google LLC, HP Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, IPsoft Incorporated, MHR Ltd., Microsoft Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, Pluralsight LLC, Ricoh Company, Ltd., SAP SE, Salesforce.com, Inc., Seiko Epson Corp., ServiceNow, Inc., Sharp Corporation, Slack Technologies, Inc., Sony Corporation, Symantec Corporation, TalentSoft SA, Trello Inc., UiPath Inc., VMware, Inc., Workday, Inc.
Meet the Experts
Research Director, European Future of Work
Vice President, Future of WorkSpace & Imaging, IDC EMEA
Group Vice President, Head of IDC Insights and IDC Future of Work Executive Lead - Europe, IDC