IDC’s Worldwide Digital Economy and Markets Spending Guide addresses the rise of emerging digital ecosystems focused on specific business, consumer, and public sector use cases. The new ecosystems covered in this spending guide represent revenue opportunities for start-ups and existing companies to leverage digital technologies for the creation of commercial products and services based on connectivity, open platforms, and 3rd platform technologies (such as cloud, mobile, analytics, social, artificial intelligence, and IoT). These new digital markets are disrupting traditional industries such as financial services, manufacturing, and utilities, as end users look to digital services as a means of accelerating the transformation of their own business processes, performance, and positioning.
Worldwide Digital Economy and Markets Spending Guide
This product covers the following segments of the digital economy:
- Passenger economy: Data as a service (anonymized and personal), digital traffic infrastructure, digital vehicle commerce, digital vehicle consumer services, digital vehicle operations, infotainment (entertainment and information), mobility as a service
- Open banking: Data monetization, data partnership, external marketplace, proprietary platform, transaction/account services, XaaS (core and extended)
- Digital grid: Connected asset, connected customer, distributed energy, energy markets
This spending guide is delivered on an annual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. The following are the deliverables for this spending guide. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative:
- Passenger Economy Spending Forecast (2018-2023)
- Open Banking Spending Forecast (2018-2023)
- Digital Grid Spending Forecast (2018-2023)
- Digital Economy Contribution to GDP Growth (2018-2023)
About This Spending Guide
IDC's Worldwide Digital Economy and Markets Spending Guide provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional and total worldwide level. Segmented by industry, use case, and technology component, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into this rapidly growing market and how the market will develop over the coming year.