The Worldwide Technology Employment Impact Guide examines technology employment from the perspectives of the job role, skill requirements, transformation type, industry, and geography. This comprehensive database, delivered via IDC Customer Insights Query Tool, allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about technology employment by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons.
Markets and Technologies Covered
- 19 industries: Banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, construction, resource industries, retail, wholesale, professional services, personal and consumer services, transportation, healthcare provider, federal/central government, state/local government, education, telecommunications, media, and utilities
- 2 digital transformation (DX) types: DX and non-DX
- 7 job groups: Applications, cybersecurity, data management/analytics, IT infrastructure, IT leadership, other IT/technical, and technical support
- 40+ job roles: Cybersecurity/information security engineer/analyst, security management specialist, business intelligence analyst, business intelligence architect/developer, data engineer, data scientist, data warehousing specialist, database administrator, database architect, IoT designer/developer/engineer, network engineer/architect, network/systems administrator, social media manager/administrator, computer systems architect/analyst, telecommunications engineering specialist, operations engineer/technician, graphic designer/desktop publisher, multimedia designer/animator, web designer, webmaster/administrator, IT project manager, network/systems support specialist, and more
- 9 regions: The United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Latin America, PRC, and Asia/Pacific
This spending guide is delivered on an annual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. The following are the deliverables for this spending guide. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative.
- Annual five-year forecast by job role, industry, geography, and transformation type (delivered once a year)
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What technology roles are providing the greatest support of DX initiatives?
- Which technology roles are growing the fastest long term versus short term?
- What technology roles should technology companies and end users prepare to hire or upskill current staff?
- What training should organizations focus on to support role development to get the greatest return on skills and training investment?
- How does technology role maturity differ from one industry to another and one region to another?
- What is the breakdown of technology role demand by industry and region?