The shift to hybrid work is bringing about significant changes in the UC&C market. Collaboration platforms are now the primary interface for colleagues to meet and work together. The capabilities and flexibility of UC&C platforms determine how well a business can conduct day-to-day functions. UC&C needs to support a much wider and diverse range of use cases, but tailored to specific organizational workflows/business processes. The contact center is also undergoing rapid transformational changes as the focus on customer experience means that solutions need to be people-centric, leading to a spate of innovations relating to data analytics, automation, and AI-driven features. IDC's European Unified Communications and Collaboration program provides detailed insight into the changing needs of enterprises, technological developments, and the competitive landscape, and gives actionable advice to providers in this space.
European Unified Communications and Collaboration
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Enterprise requirements today and in 2026
- Vendor strategies and transformation in the cloud era
- Equipment vs. software
- On-premises vs. aaS models
- IP PBX, IP Phones, and video conferencing equipment
- Collaborative applications
- Contact center infrastructure and software
- UC&C life cycle services
- Enterprise video platforms
- Impact of new, innovative software-based competitors
- European Unified Communications and Collaboration Forecast, 2022–2026
- European Unified Communications and Collaboration Equipment and Software Market Shares, 2021
- European UCaaS Forecast, 2022–2026
- European Enterprise Communications Survey, 2022: Attitudes toward UC&C
- European Collaborative Applications Forecast, 2022–2026
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How is the use of unified communications and collaboration evolving in line with hybrid work?
- What are the deployment options for enterprises to modernize UC&C?
- What does UC life cycle management look like as the market shifts to different deployment options?
- How are the roles of channel partner evolving as the market shifts from on-premises to cloud solutions?
- How is the focus on customer experience driving changes in the contact center market? How is omnichannel evolving in the contact center space?
- What will be the impact of emerging solutions and vendors on the competitive landscape?
8x8 Inc., Alcatel-Lucent S.A., Atos SE, Avaya Inc., Blue Jeans Network, Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Ericsson, Genesys Telecommunications Laboratories, Inc., GoTo, Google LLC, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Huddle Inc., IBM, Lifesize Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Mitel LLC, NEC Corporation, Poly, RingCentral, Inc., Salesforce.com, Inc., Slack Technologies, Inc., Vidyo, Inc., Vonage Holdings Corp., Zoom Video Communications Inc.
Meet the Experts
Senior Research Analyst, European Enterprise Communications and Collaboration
Senior Research Director, European Infrastructure and Telecoms