Business automation is a strategic imperative for enterprises to digitize business operations and deliver radical improvements in efficiency, productivity, customer satisfaction, employee performance, and more. Modern business automation strategies leverage toolkits of automation and integration technologies, including RPA, workflow, and integration platforms, to drive successful business outcomes by blending work automation with work augmentation. These strategies scale with the additional use of process mining, task mining, and operational intelligence technologies; and, increasingly, the use of both predictive and generative AI technologies further expands the scope of the work that enterprises can digitize. Future enterprises must become experts in orchestrating this emerging interplay between humans and machines to release people from low-value laborious tasks and enable them to become empathic, effective, customer-centric employees to secure competitive advantage and success for their businesses in the future. IDC's European Automation, Integration and Generative AI Strategies program looks at how organizations in Europe are employing modern business automation strategies and embracing generative AI, and how technology vendors and professional services companies here are partnering to deliver business outcomes.
European Automation, Integration and Generative AI Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Business process automation/workflow
- Robotic process automation (RPA)
- Intelligent document processing
- Integration platforms
- Process/Task mining and operational intelligence
- Generative AI
- Conversational AI and virtual agents
- Automation governance and change management
- European Business Automation and Integration Software Market Forecast, 2022–2027
- Market Analysis Perspective: European Business Automation, Integration, and Generative AI Software
- European business automation, integration, and generative AI software market updates (biannual)
- The Emergence of Enterprise Automation Platforms
- Generative AI as an Automation Technology
- Automation, Generative AI, and Sustainability
- European Adoption Experiences and Maturity
- How Automation, Integration, and Generative AI Drive Business Value Beyond Efficiency
- Skills Roadmaps for Automation, Integration, and Generative AI
- The Role of Services and Change Management in Automation, Integration, and Generative AI Delivery
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How does generative AI affect how organizations will digitize business operations?
- How are new automation and integration technologies, including generative AI, driving automation in Europe?
- How does generative AI change the value of low-code approaches to integration and automation?
- What benefits do European organizations get from business automation and integration initiatives, and what are the secrets of success?
- How will automation and integration vendors compete and respond to generative AI opportunities and threats?
- How will providers scale adoption across enterprises?
- ABBYY Solutions Ltd.
- Amazon Web Services Inc.
- Appian Corp.
- Automation Anywhere, Inc.
- Bizagi Ltd.
- Boomi, Inc.
- Camunda Services GmbH
- Celonis SE
- Google LLC
- Microsoft Corporation
- Oracle Corporation
- SAP SE
- SS&C Blue Prism
- SS&C Technologies, Inc.
- Salesforce.com, Inc.
- ServiceNow, Inc.
- SnapLogic Inc.
- UiPath Inc.