The influence of Chinese operators on the development of the global telecommunications industry is becoming more and more important. In 2018, the capital expenditure of China's three major operators was US$4.34 billion and China was the second-largest operator expenditure market. In addition, in 2018, Chinese mobile subscribers reached 1.57 billion, which is the largest single mobile communication market in the world. On June 6, 2019, China formally issued 5G licenses, and the construction of 5G will accelerate.
With the business transformation and network transformation of operators, the impact of telecommunications industry on traditional infrastructure is also growing. SDN/NFV, cloud, and edge computing are becoming the new mainstream technology, and the operator market has great potential for IT vendors.
- Chinese Telecom Market Update
- China Telecom Industry Hotspots
- China Telecom Industry Innovation Trends
- China 5G Market Forecast
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key trends of the Chinese telecom market?
- What is the market size and expenditure structure of the Chinese telecom market?
- How do ICT vendors enter the Chinese telecom market?
- How does telecom spending of 5G?
- What is the strategy of Chinese operators in the IoT market?