IDC's India Monthly City-Level Smartphone Tracker: 100 Cities® (100 cities) provides detailed and timely information on the total smartphone markets for handset vendors in top 100 cities of India. It provides insightful analysis through monthly market share data by cities based on bottom-up research methodology with extensive field research.
This IDC tracker product delivers a monthly web database that details the performance of the market's individual players and answers important product-planning and product-positioning questions.
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas. Measurement for this tracker is in unit shipments.
- Unit shipments
- State: Andhra Pradesh, Assam and NE, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Goa, Gujrat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, and West Bengal
- City: Agra, Ahmedabad, Ajmer, Aligarh, Alipur, Allahabad, Alwar, Amravati, Amritsar, Asansol, Aurangabad, Barasat, Barddhaman, Bareilly, Bathinda, Begusarai, Belgaum, Bengaluru, Bhavnagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bikaner, Bilaspur, Brahamapur, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Dhanbad, Durg, Erode, Faridabad, Gandhinagar, Ghaziabad, Goa, Gorakhpur, Gulbarga, Guntur, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Gwalior, Hubli-Dharwad, Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Jammu, Jamnagar, Jamshedpur, Jhansi, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolhapur, Kolkata, Kota, Kozikode, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Madurai, Malda, Mangalore, Meerut, Moradabad, Mumbai, Muzaffarpur, Mysore, Nagpur, Nasik, Noida, Panipat, Patiala, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Rajahmundry, Rajkot, Ranchi, Rohtak, Rourkela, Saharanpur, Shimla, Solapur, Surat, Thane, Thrissur, Tiruchirappalli, Tirunelveli, Tiruppur, Trivandrum, Udaipur, Ujjain, Vadodara, Varanasi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, and Warangal
This tracker is delivered on a monthly basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. Deliverables for this tracker are listed below. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative.
- Historical data
IDC's Tracker Methodology
IDC's tracker data is developed using a rigorous methodology that includes well-planned and well-coordinated local, regional, and worldwide data cross-checks combined with a proprietary advanced data consolidation and analysis data platform managed by IDC's Worldwide Tracker organization. Data sources used in the process of determining IDC's tracker numbers include, but are not limited to:
- In-country local vendor interviews
- Distribution data feeds
- Worldwide and regional vendor guidance
- ODM data
- In-country local channel partner discussions
- Import records
- Feedback from component suppliers
- Vendor briefings and public financial reports