IDC's Worldwide Smartphone Display QView follows the supply chain for the screens used in smartphones. This product provides quarterly insights into screen sizes, technologies, and vendors.
Worldwide Smartphone Display QView
This tracker provides total market size and vendor share for the following technology areas. Measurement for this tracker is in thousand units.
- Display technologies: TFT LCD, OLED
- Backplane technologies: a-Si, LTPS, Oxide
- Screen size and aspect ratio
- Display resolution and PPI
This tracker is delivered on a quarterly basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. Deliverables for this tracker are listed below. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative.
- Worldwide Smartphone OLED Display QView: Excel pivot table, OLED display shipment volume by vendor
- Worldwide Smartphone Display QView: Excel pivot table, all technologies display shipment volume by vendor
- Worldwide Smartphone Display Industry Update Report: PowerPoint PDF, qualitative analysis of the market dynamic
IDC's Tracker Methodology
IDC's tracker data is developed using a rigorous methodology that includes well-planned and well-coordinated local, regional, and worldwide data cross-checks combined with a proprietary advanced data consolidation and analysis data platform managed by IDC's Worldwide Tracker organization. Data sources used in the process of determining IDC's tracker numbers include, but are not limited to:
- In-country local vendor interviews
- Distribution data feeds
- Worldwide and regional vendor guidance
- ODM data
- In-country local channel partner discussions
- Import records
- Feedback from component suppliers
- Vendor briefings and public financial reports