The Worldwide 3rd Platform Spending Guide: Retail provides an in-depth industry market forecast for 3rd Platform and emerging technology growth across the following markets: mobility, big data and analytics, social, IoT, artificial intelligence, AR/VR, 3D printing, security, and robotics. This comprehensive database delivered via IDC's Customer Insights query tool gives ICT suppliers and investors all the tools necessary to develop a wholistic understanding of new and emerging market opportunities in retail alongside traditional technologies, including the migration of ICT to the cloud.
Worldwide 3rd Platform Spending Guide: Retail
This product covers the following segments of the 3rd Platform retail market:
- 9 regions: United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa, Latin America, PRC, and Asia/Pacific
- 10 subindustries: Apparel and accessory stores; automotive dealers and gasoline services stations; building materials, hardware, and garden supply; online only, catalog, and mail order; drug stores; eating and drinking establishments; food stores; general merchandise; home furnishings and equipment stores; and miscellaneous retail
- 1 industry: Retail
- 2 platform groups: 2nd Platform and 3rd Platform
- 3 platform categories: 2nd Platform, innovation accelerator, and pillar
- 11 platform details: 2nd Platform, 3D printing, AR/VR, big data and analytics, cloud, AI, IoT, mobility, robotics, security, and social
- 2 delivery types: Cloud related and noncloud/other
- 6 years of data
This spending guide is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative. The following are the deliverables for this spending guide:
- Annual five-year forecasts by region, industry, subindustry, platform group, platform category, platform detail, and delivery type delivered twice a year
About This Spending Guide
IDC's Worldwide 3rd Platform Spending Guide: Retail provides guidance on the expected technology opportunity around this market at a regional and total worldwide level. Segmented by industry, subindustry, platform, and delivery type, this guide provides IT vendors with insights into both large and rapidly growing market segments of the 3rd Platform retail market and how the market will develop over the coming years.