The Worldwide 3rd Platform Spending Guide: Utilities provides an in-depth industry market forecast for 3rd Platform and emerging technology growth across the following markets: 3D printing, AI systems, AR/VR, big data and analytics, cloud, IoT, mobility, robotics, security, and social. This comprehensive database, delivered via IDC Customer Insights Query Tool, gives ICT suppliers and investors all the tools necessary to develop a wholistic understanding of new and emerging market opportunities in utilities alongside traditional technologies, including the migration of ICT to the cloud.
Worldwide 3rd Platform Spending Guide: Utilities
Markets and Technologies Covered
- 1 industry: Utilities
- 5 subindustries: Combination (electric and gas), electric, gas, other, and water
- 2 platform groups: 2nd Platform and 3rd Platform
- 3 platform categories: 2nd Platform, innovation accelerator, and pillar
- 11 platform details: 2nd Platform, 3D printing, AI systems, AR/VR, big data and analytics, cloud, IoT, mobility, robotics, security, and social
- 3 technology group: Hardware, software, and IT services
- 2 delivery types: Cloud related and noncloud/other
- 6 years of data
- 9 regions: The United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Latin America, PRC, and Asia/Pacific
This spending guide is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative. The following are the deliverables for this spending guide:
- Annual five-year forecasts by region, industry, subindustry, platform group, platform category, platform detail, and delivery type — delivered twice a year
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What is the total worldwide utilities technology opportunity including both 2nd Platform and 3rd Platform technologies?
- Which 3rd Platform technology and utilities subindustries are growing the fastest?
- How do geographical growth rates vary?
- Where should resources be focused to take advantage of the maximum market opportunity?
- At what pace will spending shift from 2nd Platform to 3rd Platform technologies in the utilities industry?