The Worldwide Edge Spending Guide examines the edge market opportunity from the technology, industry, geography, and technology domain perspectives. This comprehensive database, delivered via IDC Customer Insights Query Tool, allows the user to easily extract meaningful information about the edge technology market by viewing data trends and relationships and making data comparisons.
Markets and Technologies Covered
- 17 technology markets: Hardware — compute, gateways, network equipment, and storage; software — AI and analytics, security, systems infrastructure, and other software; and services — engineering, managed, project oriented, support and deployment, colocation, connectivity, IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- 19 industries: Banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, construction, resource industries, retail, professional services, personal and consumer services, transportation, healthcare provider, federal/central government, state/local government, education, telecommunications, media, utilities, and wholesale
- 400+ use cases: Production asset management, public safety and emergency response, omni-channel operations, freight monitoring, intelligent transportation systems, smart grid, automated preventative maintenance, and more
- 6 domains: AI, AR/VR, drones, IoT, robotics, and the rest of the domains
- 2 buyers: Enterprise and service provider
- 9 regions: The United States, Canada, Japan, Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Latin America, PRC, and Asia/Pacific
This spending guide is delivered on a semiannual basis via a web-based interface for online querying and downloads. For a complete delivery schedule, please contact an IDC sales representative. The following are the deliverables for this spending guide:
- Annual five-year forecasts by technology, industry, geography, and domain (delivered twice a year)
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What are the edge spending shares by domain, industry, geography and technologies?
- What are the largest and fastest growing industry use cases for edge technologies?
- How will edge technology investments vary by region, country, industry, and buyer type?
- What are the annual and compound annual growth rates for 2021-2026 for hardware, services, and software? For industries, use cases, and geographies?
- How do the technology category spending relationships differ by industry over the forecast period?
Research Vice President, Data & Analystics
Vice President, Enterprise Computing, IDC Asia/Pacific
Research Manager, Customer Insights and Analysis (META), IDC
Senior Analyst, ROC, Latin America
Senior Research Manager, Data and Analytics, Europe
Senior Research Analyst, Data & Analytics, Europe
Research Manager, Verticals & Cross Technologies, Research, IDC Japan
Senior Market Analyst