IDC's Network Analytics and Visibility service examines customer requirements, tracks technology advancements, evaluates key success factors, and forecasts market adoption of next-generation enterprise network management solutions. As networks grow in complexity and criticality, enterprises across the globe are demanding more detailed information and actionable insights focused on improving the state of their network infrastructure. Meanwhile, the scale of network data available to enterprises is exploding as connections, flows, traffic volumes, active threats, and complex exchanges continue to climb. In response, powerful new analytics and automation solutions harness this data and drive more precise and productive enterprise network operations, engineering, and management. For technology buyers, network analytics use cases are expanding as value builds along technology, business, and organizational lines. For technology suppliers, keys to success are expanding as both technology solutions and business practices combine to address critical IT requirements around end-to-end performance and protection.
Network Analytics and Visibility
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Data acquisition: Striking the right balance between quantity and quality
- In-depth analysis of norms, trends, anomalies, and root causes
- Management automation: Triggering alerts to taking actions
- Cloud-based "aaS" solutions … Advantages? Directions?
- Value-add beyond the network — security, applications, and IoT
- The critical role of support services in supplier and buyer success
- Key innovations: ML/AI, automation, cloud visibility, UI, and data mgmt.
- Technology partnerships: The vital role of the supplier ecosystem
- Solution evolution: Hardware versus software, systems versus services
- Establishing and applying industry baselines across the network
- Impact on IT organizational effectiveness (DevOps, SecOps, AIOps)
- Competition: Many suppliers/groups fighting on multiple fronts
- Measuring and managing the end-user experience
- Evaluating the ROI of network analytics and automation
- Network equipment suppliers: Products, positions, and potential impact
- Shifting enterprise requirements and spending patterns
- Network analytics and the development of managed services
- Solutions and enterprises emphasize repair and readiness
- Enterprise Network Performance Management Market Forecast: 2020-2024
- Network Analytics: Passing Judgment on Next-Gen Solutions
- IDC MarketScape: Enterprise Network Analytics and Visibility
- Network Analytics ROI: Where and When Is the Impact?
- IDC MaturityScape: Enterprise Network Analytics and Automation (End-User Document)
- The Evolution of Cloud-Based Network Analytics Solutions
- Support Services: Keys to Delivery in Network Analytics
- IDC Innovators: Network Automation Tools and Utilities
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the key trends driving network analytics and visibility, and how will advancements impact future solutions, buyer preferences, use cases, supplier success, and digital innovation?
- What is the market size/forecast for network analytics solutions? Which are the major suppliers? Technology innovators?
- What is the impact of network analytics solutions on network, security, and application management? How is ROI measured?
- What role do technical partnerships and support services play in the success of network analytics solutions and suppliers?
- How are critical network analytics functions — data acquisition, intelligent analysis, and management automation — evolving to match advancing customer requirements in this digital era?
- How are network analytics solutions driving greater impact across cloud-based enterprises? As a cloud-based service?
7signal Solutions, Inc., APCON, Inc., AT&T Inc., Accedian Networks Inc., Allot Ltd., AppNeta, Inc., AppViewX Inc, BMC Software, Inc., CA Technologies, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Colasoft Co., Ltd., CommScope, Inc., Dynatrace LLC, Ericsson, ExtraHop Networks, Inc., Extreme Networks, Inc., F5 Networks, Inc., Federos, Flowmon Networks a.s., Gigamon Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Ixia, Juniper Networks, Inc., Kentik, Inc., LiveAction, Inc., ManageEngine, Micro Focus International plc, NETSCOUT Systems, Inc., NetBrain Technologies, Inc., Nokia Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Paessler AG, Pico Quantitative Trading LLC, Pliant Corporation, Plixer, LLC, Progress Software Corporation, Riverbed Technology, Inc., Sandvine Corporation, SevOne Inc., Sinefa Pty Ltd, SolarWinds Corp., TIBCO Software Inc., VIAVI Solutions Inc., VMware, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., cPacket Networks Inc.