Enterprise investments in RPA helped validate the benefits of automation. Today, enterprises are thinking more broadly about what automation is, how it is changing, and how they can enhance and extend ways to automate to gain even greater benefits. Automation is no longer a single technology but a portfolio of technologies aimed at speeding up operations, improving productivity, aligning operations with customer needs, and driving out unnecessary cost. Over the next five years, enterprises will be heavily focused on broadly applying automation to reshape how they operate. IDC's Business Automation Software and RPA Strategies focuses on the convergence of a portfolio of technologies — AI, machine learning, RPA, no code, process automation, decision automation, and process and task mining — and how these platforms change, grow, and compete to broaden out and pursue new areas of opportunity.
Business Automation Software and RPA Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- IDC's Intelligent Process Automation framework
- Convergence of AI, ML, and automation
- RPA software spending and forecast
- New automation vendors
- No code software
- Automation planning and process discovery
- Emerging adoption of business operations control planes
- Automation of automation development
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Robotic Automation Software
- Evolution of Process Mining to Business Operations Control Planes
- Automation-Related Adoption Survey
- Worldwide Intelligent Process Automation 2020-2025 Forecast
- Worldwide Intelligent Process Automation Market Shares, 2020
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How is AI and machine learning converging with automation technologies?
- What new vendors and emerging automation markets are creating innovation?
- How will technology advances improve the economics of automation development?
- Who are the major software vendors in business automation?
- What are the emerging and major trends in RPA and automation adoption?
ABBYY Solutions Ltd., AntWorks Pte. Ltd., Appian Corp., Automation Anywhere, Inc., Blue Prism Group plc, Celonis SE, Confluent, Inc., EdgeVerve Systems Ltd., HCL Technologies Limited, IBM, Infor Inc., Kofax Inc., Kryon Systems Ltd., Microsoft Corporation, Nintex Group Pty. Ltd., OpenText Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Pegasystems Inc., SAP SE, Salesforce.com, Inc., Signavio GmbH, Solace Software AG, TIBCO Software Inc., UiPath Inc., WorkFusion, Inc.
Meet the Experts
Program VP, Worldwide Intelligent Process Automation Market Research and Advisory Service
Research Director, Automation within the AI and Automation Group