The IT education market has traditionally focused on instructor-led, classroom-based instruction. During the past 15 years and particularly during the global pandemic, enterprises have increasingly sought more "efficient" mechanisms for providing technology training to their IT organization and end users. This has caused a rapid shift in training delivery. At the same time, IT training markets must also demonstrate relevance and value, causing training vendors — especially the training arms of technology vendors — to continue to adapt offerings and delivery methods to better meet client needs. IDC's IT Education and Skills for Digital Transformation (DX) service helps software vendors, certification sponsors, consulting firms, and independent training companies identify growth areas among the many IT products, topics, and certifications. This service provides key documents on training, certification, and the impact of training on project success and team productivity.
IT Education and Skills for Digital Transformation
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- IT education and training
- Worldwide and U.S. certification testing and training
- Top training providers
- IT elearning
- Advanced technology training
- IT skills for cloud adoption
- Importance of DX skills to IT transformation
- IT employment changes
- Delivery of IT training (e.g., instructor-led classroom and technology based)
- Corporate IT education buyers' characteristics and trends
- High-value elements of certification programs as a marketing tool
- Impact of IT training and certification on team performance
- Worldwide and U.S. IT Education and Training Forecast
- Worldwide and U.S. IT Education and Training Delivery Forecast
- Survey of U.S. IT Training Buyers
- Worldwide Forecast of IT Employment
- IDC MaturityScape: Technology Skill Development
- IDC MarketScape: United States IT Training Market 2021 Vendor Assessment
- IT Training Vendors Selection Priorities
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How is digital transformation changing IT roles and IT skills?
- How is IT employment changing globally?
- What impact does training have on organizational performance?
- How important is a vendor's certification program when prospects are considering purchasing new systems?
- Do buyers prefer "vendor authorized" training content, and are they willing to pay a premium for it?
- Do IT managers prefer hiring "certified" employees?
- How significant is the trend toward outsourcing IT training?
360training.com, Adobe Systems Inc., Amazon Web Services Inc., Ancile Solutions Inc., Arrow Electronics, Inc., Avnet, Inc., Brainbench , CBT Nuggets, LLC, CED Solutions, CPD, Cisco Systems Inc., CompTIA, Inc., CompuTrain Business Solutions, Ltd., Computer Generated Solutions, Inc., Dell EMC, EduGroupe, ExecuTrain, ExitCertified ULC, Fast Lane Consulting and Education Services Inc., Firebrand Training, GP Strategies Corp., Global Knowledge Training LLC, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Infopro Learning Private Limited, Infosec Institute Inc., Intense School, LEARN-IT SYSTEMS, LLC, LearnQuest Inc., Learning Tree International Inc., LinkedIn Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, NIIT Limited, NetCom Learning Inc., New Horizons Computer Learning Centers Inc., Online Consulting, Inc., Oracle Corporation, Pink Elephant, Pluralsight LLC, QA, QuickStart Learning Inc., RWD Technologies Inc., SANS Institute, SAP SE, SkillSoft Corp., Stormwind, LLC., Symantec Corporation, TRAINING ASSOCIATES CORP., Tech Data Corporation, Tech Sherpas Corporation, UNITEK S A, VMware, Inc.