The IT education market has traditionally focused on instructor-led, classroom-based instruction. During the past 15 years and particularly since the global economic crisis, enterprises have increasingly sought more "efficient" mechanisms for providing technology training to their IT organization and end users. As a result, many IT training markets are experiencing significant pressure to demonstrate relevance and value, causing training vendors, especially the training arms of technology vendors, to continue to adapt offerings and delivery methods to better meet client needs. IDC's IT Education and Skills for Digital Transformation service helps software vendors, certification sponsors, consulting firms, and independent training companies identify growth areas among the many IT products, topics, and certifications. This service provides key documents on training, certification, and the impact of training on project success and team productivity.
IT Education and Skills for Digital Transformation
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- IT education and training
- Worldwide and U.S. certification testing and training
- Top training providers
- IT elearning
- Advanced technology training
- IT skills for cloud adoption
- Importance of DX skills to IT transformation
- IT employment changes
- Delivery of IT training (e.g., instructor-led classroom and technology based)
- Corporate IT education buyers' characteristics and trends
- High-value elements of certification programs as a marketing tool
- Impact of IT training and certification on team performance
- Worldwide and U.S. IT Education and Training Forecast
- Worldwide and U.S. IT Education and Training Delivery Forecast
- Survey of U.S. IT Training Buyers
- Worldwide Forecast of IT Employment
- IDC MaturityScape: IT Organizational Development
- IDC PeerScape: IT Organizational Development
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How is digital transformation changing IT roles and IT skills?
- How is IT employment changing globally?
- What impact does training have on organizational performance?
- How important is a vendor's certification program when prospects are considering purchasing new systems?
- Do buyers prefer "vendor authorized" training content, and are they willing to pay a premium for it?
- Do IT managers prefer hiring "certified" employees?
- How significant is the trend toward outsourcing IT training?
Accenture plc, Alcatel-Lucent S.A., CA Technologies, Inc., Certiport Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., Dell EMC, GP Strategies Corp., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, InfoSec Institute, Inc., Learning Tree International, Inc., LinkedIn Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, New Horizons Worldwide LLC, Nortel Networks Corporation, Oracle Corporation, PROSOFT ENGINEERING INC, RWD Technologies Inc., Red Hat, Inc., Salesforce.com, Inc., Sybase, Inc., Symantec Corporation, THE COMPUTING TECHNOLOGY INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION INC, VMware, Inc.