IDC's Canadian Cloud Platforms research provides analysis on the uptake of platform as a service (PaaS) and infrastructure as a service (IaaS) in Canada. It examines the opportunity and customer demand for and the business implementation of cloud for development tools, data management, and infrastructure. It looks at the uptake of microservices, containers, and integration to drive transformation. It offers a view on the shift of software buying patterns from on premises to cloud as well as the associated vendor strategies for adapting to changing buyer demands.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Platform as a service
- Infrastructure as a service
- Adoption of hybrid cloud and multicloud
- Customer adoption trends around PaaS and IaaS
- PaaS and IaaS market forecasts
- Impact on IT vendors, service providers, and channels
- End-User Views on PaaS and IaaS
- PaaS and IaaS Competitive Overview
- State of Adoption of DevOps
- Paas and IaaS Market Forecast
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current size of the PaaS and IaaS market in Canada? What is the forecast for this market?
- How are organizations addressing application development and modernization?
- What are the best practices being adopted by end users when it comes to cloud migration?
- What are end users' drivers and challenges around the adoption of PaaS and IaaS in Canada?
- How are organizations running workloads in a hybrid cloud environment?