Businesses are accelerating their shift to digital systems across all areas of their business, and IT is changing focus from an operations center to an innovation enabler. As this shift happens, most new enterprise applications are being developed to cloud native principles based on standardized platforms, runtimes and integrated orchestration. However, Enterprise Infrastructure is still being bought, built and operated largely on client-server principles, with limited integration and automation, making adaption to changing business needs long, complex and costly. The Future of Digital Infrastructure will be a new way of looking at how to build, operate and enhance IT infrastructure in an integrated stack that is focused on application delivery, resiliency and flexibility.
Europe: Future of Digital Infrastructure
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- IT Infrastructure – Servers, Storage and Networking
- Automation and Orchestration Platforms
- IT and Business Services
- Hybrid and Public Cloud
- Cloud Native Datacenters - How close are we?
- Transforming IT Funding - The shift to consumption models and 'IT-as-a-Service'
- Supporting IT with cutting edge facilities - the role of colocation in IT excellence
- Attitudes to Sustainability in the modern European Datacenter
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How are the core expectations of Digital Infrastructure changing as we shift focus from operations to innovation?
- What are the cultural changes needed to ensure success with Digital Infrastructure?
- How quickly and deeply will the impact of cloud-native applications and platforms be felt?
- What value does moving to Digital Infrastructure bring to a businesses bottom line?