IDC's Network Life-Cycle and Infrastructure Services provides strategic customer insights, competitive market share analysis, vendor profiles, and in-depth market forecasts for both the enterprise and the service provider markets for consulting and integration. Leveraging ongoing interactions with customers, vendors, systems integrators, channel partners, and service providers, this program analyzes professional services opportunities.
The program explores professional services across the full infrastructure including network, server, and storage technologies with deeper examination around critical and impactful technologies such as wireline and wireless network convergence, datacenter networking, software-defined infrastructure, hybrid WAN strategies, public and private 5G implementations, IoT and cloud implications for the network, enterprise mobility, unified communications strategies on the network, hyperconverged infrastructure, datacenter transformation, virtualization, and containers, as well as the software systems that enable these trends for infrastructure.
For the service provider segment, this program tracks carrier-managed services and hosting contracts, market growth drivers, regional demand differences, and key alliances and partnerships.
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Worldwide enterprise network consulting and integration services (NCIS)
- Worldwide telecom infrastructure outsourcing services
- Impact of SDN and network virtualization on NCIS
- Datacenter transformation
- Telecom operational transformation services
- NEP strategies for moving up the services value chain in the telecom market
- Cloud migration and optimization services
- Edge infrastructure services
- Services for hyperconverged infrastructure
- Professional services for containers and virtualization
- Software-defined infrastructure consulting and integration services
- Hybrid cloud infrastructure services
- Worldwide Enterprise Network Consulting and Integration Services Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Telecom Network Consulting and Integration Services Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Datacenter Network Services Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Service Provider Managed Services Forecast
- Telecom Infrastructure Outsourcing Forecast and Analysis
- IDC MarketScape for Worldwide Network Consulting
- IDC MarketScape for Datacenter Transformation Services for Infrastructure
- Worldwide Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure Services Forecast
- Worldwide Infrastructure Consulting and Integration Services Forecast
- Worldwide Container Professional Services Forecast
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What impact will network virtualization have on network consulting and integration services?
- How will automation, machine learning, and artificial intelligence impact service delivery tools, processes, and people?
- Which vendors may be best positioned to lead the network life cycle and infrastructure professional services markets?
- How will hybrid work environments (campus, branch/edge, and remote) impact enterprise and service provider environments?