The Future of Digital Innovation - Agenda program provides guidance to C-suite executives at IT buyer companies and to technology suppliers on digitally innovative products and services. The program is focused on advice for IT buyer companies on how to execute on the need to be digitally innovative in both their products and corporate systems, understanding what their competitors and peers are doing, and the benefits and potential returns from embracing digital transformation (DX) in their company. The focus for technology supplier companies is on how to embrace and support/encourage digital technology innovation by their clients by bringing more to them with software solutions, development and DevOps tooling, and SaaS and PaaS platforms as well as the ways to leverage other apps, development, and sourcing opportunities. Both foci will be on revenue-enhancing products/services and internal processes/operational practices for productivity.
Future of Digital Innovation - Agenda
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Forecasts for growth of companies leveraging or developing digital innovation
- Forecasts of new enterprise applications developed by companies leveraging or developing digital innovation
- Digital innovation case studies covering multiple industries, highlighting both revenue generation and productivity benefits
- IDC PeerScape on best practices for implementing digital innovation at IT buyer organizations
- IDC PlanScape covering the practices for distribution of digital assets
- The vectors of innovation beyond traditional IT development vectors
- The benefits of building a community around your products
- Case studies offering insight into successful implementations of digital innovation
- DX use cases/examples built from digital innovation factories
- Best practices of digital innovation factories
- IDC Perspective: Integrating Future of Digital Innovation and Strategic Planning — The Path Forward
- IDC PeerScape: Implementing Digital Innovation in Industry
- Future of Digital Innovation Market Glance
- IDC PlanScape: Distribution of Digital Assets
- IDC Perspective: End Users as Community Hubs
- IDC Survey Spotlight: Excerpt from PaaSView and the Developer 2021
- Market Analysis Perspective: Future of Digital Innovation
- New Enterprise Applications Developed by Digital Innovation Factories
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- Why is digital innovation so important for organizations?
- What are the different forms digital innovation may take?
- Who are the leaders, the movers and shakers, setting the lead for digital innovation? What benefits have they achieved?
- How does an IT buyer company successfully distribute software solutions?
- What can technology vendors teach their clients and prospects about becoming a digitally innovative company?
- What are the benefits of developing a successful community?
- What companies have built a healthy, successful community, and what can be learned from them?
- What lessons have been learned by digital innovation pioneers?
- What external and internal factors make digital innovation the new necessity within a company?
- What are best practices for the digital innovation supply chain?
Aetna Inc., Amazon Web Services Inc., Deere & Company, Ford Motor Company, GitHub Inc., Google LLC, Humana Inc., IBM, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Liberty Mutual Holding Company Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Red Hat, Inc., SAP SE, The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., The Home Depot, Inc., The Kroger Co., The Walt Disney Company, VMware, Inc., Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., Workday, Inc.
Meet the Experts
Group Vice President, Software Development and Open Source
Program Vice President, Enterprise Applications and Digital Commerce
Research Director, Future of Digital Innovation