IDC's Worldwide OT Transformation Strategies program will guide clients through the process of prioritizing transformational projects and selecting the appropriate operational technology to support the future of operations road map. Coverage will include market trends around operations technology, operations resiliency, and operational decision making as operations technology becomes the foundation for operational transformation.
Worldwide OT Transformation Strategies
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- This product will cover operations technologies including hardware and software vendors delivering the technologies required to enable end-to-end digital-enabled alignment from the "shop floor to the top floor."
- The product will provide a complement to existing IDC research programs: edge, IoT, IT/OT, analytics, security.
- The program will provide a common thread, in the context of OT and future of operations, across these research areas and provide an element of "connective tissue."
- It differentiates from IT/OT by focusing on just OT-specific topics like HMI, control programming, data collection, analog/digital conversion, laboratory systems, industrial robotics, lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, and warehouse automation technology.
- IDC Market Glance: Operations Technology in MFG
- IDC MaturityScape: Asset Instrumentation: The Edge of the Edge
- IDC MarketScape: Systems Integration and Strategy Consulting for Operations Technology
- IDC PlanScape: The Legacy Industrial Network and Connecting to the Cloud
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the technologies and processes involved in effectively executing at an OT strategy aligned with the future of operations?
- How does an organization design operations technologies into its transformation road map, what should be included, and how does it execute?
- What are the market trends around operations technology and what does the OT ecosystem look like?
- How are operational excellence concepts such as Industries 4.0 and Smart Manufacturing impacting the technology in the future of operations?
- Where are the needs of technology end users and the products and services from technology vendors aligned, where do they diverge, and how can vendors and users optimize the use and development of the OT?