IDC's Global DataSphere: Vertical Markets quantifies and analyzes the amount of data created, captured, replicated, and managed by enterprises any given year across the world by the vertical industries defined by IDC. It also looks at how much of that data is stored across various storage components (HDD, flash, other semiconductor storage, optical, and tape) by these same vertical industries.
Global DataSphere: Vertical Markets
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Worldwide Global DataSphere Forecast by Vertical Industry: Excludes the Consumer DataSphere, which is covered in IDC's core Global DataSphere research
- Worldwide Global StorageSphere Forecast by Vertical Industry: Deep dive investigations into dynamics impacting data creation, capture, replication, and storage in vertical industries
- Worldwide Global DataSphere by Vertical Industry Forecast
- Data Creation in the Edge by Vertical Industry
- Installed Base of Compute by Vertical Industry
- Worldwide Global StorageSphere by Vertical Industry Forecast
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How much data will be created in the world over the next five years by vertical industry?
- How much of the data that is created will be stored by vertical industry?
- What type of data is growing the fastest/slowest within each vertical industry?
- How fast is the data by vertical industry growing across core, edge, and endpoints, and where will the data be stored?
- What percentage of data that is created and stored is structured versus unstructured by vertical industry?