IDC Retail Insights: Worldwide Industry Segment Strategies provides a series of reports that analyze the trends and data related to the various subsegments within the industry. Retailers around the world now realize that sustainable competitive advantage will be gained only by those companies that integrate a deep understanding of consumer needs and shopping patterns directly into planning and execution processes. Making the business case for continued retail enterprise technology and process improvements is essential to stay ahead of omni-channel consumer shopping needs. By elevating the customer experience, retailers can achieve higher service levels, reduce costs, and reduce risks, thereby creating a virtuous cycle that fuels loyalty, growth, and peak performance. The IDC Retail Insights: Worldwide Industry Segment Strategies service examines the impact of technology investments and process initiatives on the customer experience, digital and omni-channel commerce, workforce productivity, merchandising and product innovation, marketing, and supply chain. Specific coverage is given to the drivers, benefits, processes, use cases, and best practices related to connected, intelligent, and frictionless consumer and workforce engagement, productivity, risk management, and resulting enterprise performance in specific retail segments.
IDC Retail Insights: Worldwide Industry Segment Strategies
This service collects relevant market data through interviews with industry practitioners, experts, and technology vendors, with a heavy reliance of retail industry survey data that IDC compiles at the retail sub-segment level. IDC Retail Insights' analysts develop unique and comprehensive analyses of this data, focused on providing actionable recommendations. To ensure relevance, our analysts work with subscribers to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports.
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics:
- Look at trends, survey data, forecasts, and shares for industry subsegments.
- Organized by:
- Fast moving — Grocery, general merchandise, dollar stores, chain drug, and C-store
- Department stores and big-box specialty, and off-price apparel
- Specialty including apparel, footwear, crafts, and entertainment
Key Questions Answered
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How is spending concentrated among the largest buyers in a subsegment?
- What is the buying sentiment for a particular technology (from surveys) such as AI, SaaS, RPA, infrastructure, and a long list of retail-specific technology categories including customer experience, digital and omni-channel commerce, workforce productivity, merchandising and product innovation, marketing, and supply chain?
- Who are the most dominant vendors in a subsegment for the technology described in IDC’s worldwide digital transformation taxonomy for retail?
- What the key trends influencing technology investment in a subsegment?
- What are the profiles of key line-of-business roles in the subsegment, and what is their role in technology decisions?
Who Should Subscribe?
The IDC Retail Insights: Worldwide Industry Segment Strategies service is ideally suited to support the needs of senior omni-channel and digital commerce, innovation, strategy, operations, marketing, supply chain, and IT executives that need a deeper dive into specific subsegment trends than our other retail industry programs. The quantitative approach of this program will enable technology suppliers to the retail industry to surface data and sound bites that inform the marketplace readily.