In the era of digital first, when all the enterprises' activities are based on digital technologies, the role of technology executives including CIO and CTO is changing. They need to play a more pivotal role in organizations and are expected to be leaders to realize growth by being engaged in business, implementing innovation, participating in external ecosystems, and so on. This Japan Office of the CIO/CTO (Japanese Version with Key English Language Reports) focuses on the role of the CIO and CTO, especially in the new enterprise model, "future enterprise," advocated by IDC, and describes the new technology leader model. Also, this covers their current challenges such as talent development/reskilling, IT department transformation, vendor selection, and so on. Not just CIO/CTOs but also technology suppliers to support such technology leaders will gain useful information.
Japan Office of the CIO/CTO (Japanese Version with Key English Language Reports)
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Future Enterprise and Future of X
- Future IT
- The new role of the CIO/CTO
- IT department transformation
- Digital technology vendor selection
- IDC FutureScape: CIO Agenda
- Future Enterprise and the Current Status of Japan Enterprises
- Future of X and the Current Status of Global Enterprises
- Challenge and Transformation of Japan IT Departments
- Japan Enterprises' Digital-First Initiatives
- Selection Criteria of Digital Technology Vendors
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- What is Future Enterprise, what about the status of Japan?
- What are the roles of CIO/CTO in Future Enterprises?
- What should IT be to support Future Enterprises?
- How do Japan enterprise modernize traditional IT?
- How are Japan IT departments trying to transform themselves?
- How to build a relationship with tech suppliers in the new era?