IDC's Consumer Pulse 2022: Silver provides an in-depth look at consumers' attitudes, usage, and adoption of technology across eight facets of their lives: housing, entertainment, money, shopping, personal mobility, travel and dining, lifelong learning, and well-being. Delivered quarterly, this product is focused on the factors driving the current and near-term market (with an eye to the future) across generations around the globe.
Consumer Pulse 2022: Silver
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
- Home and entertainment: The home is increasingly a multipurpose location where people work, live, learn, enjoy entertainment, exercise, and more. This segment addresses connectivity, smart home, entertainment, social media, and productivity; recent and future trends; and unmet needs and pain points.
- Money and shopping: Technology continues to drive changes in the way that consumers shop for, buy, and pay for products and services and engage with brands, including through augmented and virtual reality. This segment explores how consumers plan for their financial future and retirement as well as perceptions of payment alternatives, blockchain technology, and their impact on daily life.
- Personal mobility and travel/dining: How people get to places continues to change with the evolution of vehicle powertrains (hybrid and electric), autonomous driving, forms of vehicle access (ownership, sharing, and subscription), and app-based transportation services. This segment addresses the role of technology in travel and dining, including new and emerging sectors such as food delivery apps and Airbnb/Vrbo.
- Lifelong learning and well-being: As consumers live longer, education has become a lifelong endeavor, fueling career growth and progress as well as the pursuit of ongoing interests in life's later years. This segment looks at how consumers use technology to pursue a happier, healthier life.
Consumer Pulse Themes
- Quarterly 60-Minute Readout with Key Findings and Essential Guidance
- Worldwide Summary Report (seven-market synthesis)
- Home and Entertainment
- Money and Shopping
- Personal Mobility and Travel/Dining
- Lifelong Learning and Well-Being
- Seven Key Markets: United States, United Kingdom, Germany, China, Japan, Brazil, and Turkey
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How is the increasingly multipurpose role of the home impacting consumers' evolving connectivity, software, and app needs?
- How do consumers' entertainment preferences continue to evolve? How are video, audio, gaming, and content creation evolving?
- How are consumer shopping habits changing? How do the physical and online worlds continue to interact and merge? How are consumer preferences for engaging with companies changing?
- How are consumer usage and preferences for traditional and digital currency and alternative payment solutions changing?
- COVID-19 slowed the shift to ride sharing. How is interest in hybrid electric, battery electric, and autonomous vehicles evolving? Who is most interested? When will we reach a tipping point?
- The pandemic prompted much adaptation and innovation in travel and dining, fueling app-based services. How will things trend?
- Is online learning a COVID-19-driven fad or a sustainable long-term trend? How much of it is free versus paid? How does one succeed?
- How are consumers using technology to support their physical fitness and mental well-being? What is the role of wearables? apps?
1EQ Inc., 98point6 Inc., ASUSTeK Computer Inc., AT&T Inc., Aaptiv Inc., Acer Inc., Activision Blizzard, Inc., Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., Affirm Holdings Inc, Alcatel-Lucent S.A., AliveCor Inc., Amazon.com Inc., Apple Inc., Audios Ventures Inc., BABYLON LTD, Buzzsprout, Charter Communications, Inc., CheckFreePay Corporation, Comcast Corporation, Cox Communications, Inc., DISH Network L.L.C., Daily Burn, Inc., Dell Technologies Inc., Discord Inc, Dolby Laboratories Inc., Early Warning Services LLC, Electronic Arts Inc., Epic Games, Inc., Everly Well, Inc., FaceCake Marketing Technologies, Inc., Glo Inc., HP Inc., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Hulu, LLC, Intel Corporation, JBL Co.,Ltd., JVCKENWOOD Corporation, K Health, Inc., Klarna AB, LG Corp., Lenovo Group Limited, Liberated Syndication, Logitech International SA, McAfee LLC, Megaphone AB, Meta Platforms Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Motorola Solutions, Inc., NVIDIA Corporation, Netflix International B.V., Nokia Corporation, NortonLifeLock Inc., Oculus VR, LLC, Otter.ai Inc., Oula Health Inc., Pandora Media, Inc., PayPal, Inc., Peloton Interactive Inc., Podbean Tech Inc., Qualcomm Inc., Roblox Corporation, Roku Inc., SANYO Electric Co., Ltd., Samsung, Sharp Corporation, Sirius XM Holdings Inc., Skullcandy Inc., Sling Media LLC, Snap Inc., Sonos Inc., Sony Corporation, Spotify Technology S.A., Square, Inc., Stripe Inc., T-Mobile, TCL Technology, Technicolor S.A., The Walt Disney Company, Toshiba Corporation, TuneIn Inc., Valve Corp., Venmo Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., Virta Health Corp., Vizio Inc., ZTE Corporation