IDC's Infrastructure as a Service Trends and Strategies: Networking will provide insights into end-user adoption of IaaS networking and network services and will examine opportunities for vendors as they seek to offer the IaaS connectivity and network services that support cloud-based applications and workloads.
Infrastructure as a Service Trends and Strategies: Networking
Markets and Subjects Analyzed
Analyze the evolution of IaaS networking and network services as enterprises increasingly adopt cloud. A growing array of IaaS network services have been introduced in the past few years, and those portfolios will expand as enterprises migrate a greater number of business-critical applications to clouds. IaaS networking and IaaS network services include (but are not limited to) IaaS load balancing, ingress controllers, service meshes, cloud routing/VPNs, cloud direct connects/interconnects, cloud DNS, and cloud WANs (cloud middle-mile and transit networks).
- Market Perspective: Making the Case for IaaS Networking
- IDC Survey: End-User Adoption Trends for IaaS Networking
- IDC TechScape: Exploring IaaS Networking Portfolios
- IDC Perspective: Options and Need for IaaS Networking
- IDC PlanScape: Planning for IaaS Networking
- IDC PeerScape: Best Practices for IaaS Networking
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
Key Questions Answered
- How is IaaS networking playing a critical role in the way organizations address their growing cloud infrastructure needs? How does IaaS networking meet the evolving requirements of cloud workloads throughout application and network life cycles?
- How is IaaS networking evolving to support cloud, site-to-cloud, cloud-to-site, and site-to-site scenarios?
- How will IaaS networking evolve to support Kubernetes in the cloud, specifically in relation to application layer networking for API-driven service-to-service and multicluster use cases? What are the specific technological requirements for these use cases?
- What are the various elements that should be considered when evaluating IaaS networking?
- How do cloud WANs and global cloud transit networks present new connectivity benefits to enterprises while disrupting existing WAN markets and services?